[Winter Olympics Special] February 12, 2006

Jasruler said:
Buktu said:
The only part that really felt scripted to me, was the 4x4 race. The rest worked perfectly =)

It didn't seem that scripted to me... two very similar cars on the same course driven by two drivers with very similar levels of skill... makes sense that they'd come out very close.
we know that they both get carried away, i think its reasonable for them to fuck up a lot, especially in that kind of situation

wow... i got all tingly just now

Damn good episode, probably the best bits were:

1) The signs which could only hold "Champio".
2) Clarkson speaking in a high pitch voice mocking the Stig.
3) The Bjorn credits (pure genius)!

I guess they were trying to make up for the six episodes last season.

I wouldnt be suprised if this has been in the pipes for some time...

Just noticed this on the BBC News website
http://img107.imageshack.**/img107/1840/gear2cx.jpg
:lol:

fantastic episode :D!

I was cracking up when James was trying to spray paint the marker while sliding uncontrolably :lol:

teeb said:
Off o'the bbc comments page :

To all those getting excited over the Top Gear Winter Olympics - grow up, like the presenters should. Cars should be treated with respect, not as schoolboys' playthings. The whole show was a load of rubbish, childish and pointless. Let's have a more serious "consumer" based motoring show dealing with the facts & figures of normal motors relevant to us all, not overpaid presenters wasting our licence fee.

Aaaaahahahahahahahha.

Poor sod wearing a g-string made of cheesewire.

Can you please direct me to that page.

Tom.

perry8472 said:
fantastic episode :D!

I was cracking up when James was trying to spray paint the marker while sliding uncontrolably :lol:

That was sooo funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really liked this episode :thumbsup:

That was the most incredible, hilarious, awe-inspiring, spectacular, magnificent, tremendously perfect episode of Top Gear I have ever had the honor of witnessing. :woot:

Hell, I cracked up so much that I had to get my mother in here to watch it with me, and even she was laughing! And the last time she laughed at something on the Interweb was in 1997! ;)

Jeremy can't shoot.

Ok I just read through all 6 pages to see if anyone has mentioned this but...

In the scene after Hammond is done freezing, when it goes back to Jeremy and James sitting on a road in t-shirts, I have a sneaking suspicion that James' shirt says "Captain Slow"

Someone take a look! :D

perry8472 said:
Ok I just read through all 6 pages to see if anyone has mentioned this but...

In the scene after Hammond is done freezing, when it goes back to Jeremy and James sitting on a road in t-shirts, I have a sneaking suspicion that James' shirt says "Captain Slow"

Someone take a look! :D

Seems like it does :p

^ 350 MB :p

The 700mb has higher quality, but takes longer to download.

airbusA346 said:
teeb said:
Off o'the bbc comments page :

To all those getting excited over the Top Gear Winter Olympics - grow up, like the presenters should. Cars should be treated with respect, not as schoolboys' playthings. The whole show was a load of rubbish, childish and pointless. Let's have a more serious "consumer" based motoring show dealing with the facts & figures of normal motors relevant to us all, not overpaid presenters wasting our licence fee.

Aaaaahahahahahahahha.

Poor sod wearing a g-string made of cheesewire.

Can you please direct me to that page.

Tom.

Sure, it's here.

Damn, I'm not a BBC member, and I don't feel like signing up just to leave one measly little comment.

You, sire, are an idiot. If you want a more "consumer" based motoring show with facts and figures, may I introduce sir to the Interweb? Top Gear is anything but consumer-based (well, they do tell you the prices of the supercars, so there you go); it's good, clean, family fun with cars. ( ;) ) Let them have their fun, and turn off the television if you want normal motors. And chill the fuck out. :wall:

Pure entertainement. Love it. Top Gear deluxe.

btw: 55:44, the red line. :lol: