Take a Tour of Newegg

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
I thought this was pretty interesting to see:pictures of a newegg order from start to finish....
http://www.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.aspx?i=2694

It's impressive how automated and efficient the order process really is.

The giant peanut gun rules :)

This was interesting - thanks!
I wonder if Amazon and other e-tailers use a similar system?

Sweet article, I always wanted to know how that type of stuff works so efficiently.

Wouldn't it be cool if they gave away a prize run where you have like 1 minute to run through the ware house and grab all the loot you can carry out?

jeffy777 said:
Wouldn't it be cool if they gave away a prize run where you have like 1 minute to run through the ware house and grab all the loot you can carry out?

Now that would be expensive... :)
(For them)

Especially if they left that fenced off area open... ;)

(I'd go and grab all the pre-prepared boxes of other peoples orders if there were any! :) )

jeffy777 said:

LOL.... that would be fun

lol i was thinking of AMD FX too!!!! each small box is what like $800!!!!

Also, reason why newegg rocks and ships so fast is because they actually OWN all their inventory... meaning new egg already has millions of dollars invested into their own company and into their belief of what customer will buy. Now that is BALLZZZZ.

I've been doing research on newegg because i want to buy them as an IPO when they come out. Besides fatwallet and finalgear, newegg is my 3rd "surf every hour" page.

jeffy777 said:
Hell, I'd settle for ten seconds in the secure area! :lol:

I also heard news that Newegg was planning an IPO to fund their plans for, get this:

International expansion! :shock:

They're thinking China first (naturally. I bet half their inventory is from either China, Taiwan or Malaysia), and then expanding after that.

chaos386 said:
jeffy777 said:

I also heard news that Newegg was planning an IPO to fund their plans for, get this:

They're thinking China first (naturally. I bet half their inventory is from either China, Taiwan or Malaysia), and then expanding after that.

We need them here, and you know it!

TechZ said:
chaos386 said:
jeffy777 said:

We need them here, and you know it!
Oh god yes.

Just as long as an international expansion doesn't decrease their quality of service here in the states.