My Anime Car Compilation (56k warning)

vanMould

Car(s)
Volvo 480ES -88
About a week before last christmas, I found the entire first episode of Chobits on google video. Watched it though, and I was stuck! Now, two months later, I've gone through a couple of dozen of anime-series and movies.

Now I've spent an hour or two to collect pictures of every recognizable car that I've stubled across during this time, and I though I'd share them with you. Why? Dunno really :p I hope someone will enjoy them and to be honest, I've seen more unnecessary topics. You also might wanna help me identify the ones I've missed and correct me if I'm wrong on any other one.

Enjoy!

bscap0002.jpg

Mahoromatic - BMW Z3...and a Vespa
bscap0001.jpg

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Renault Alpine A310
bscap0000.jpg

FLCL - Citro?n GS
bscap0003.jpg

FLCL - VW Golf Mk1 (AT)
bscap0004.jpg

FLCL - Fiat 126
bscap0005.jpg

FLCL - VW Beetle
bscap0022.jpg

Gunslinger Girl - Porsche Boxster
bscap0006.jpg

Gunslinger Girl - Audi A3
bscap0007.jpg

Gunslinger Girl - Alfa Romeo Guiletta(?)
bscap0008.jpg

Gunslinger Girl - Land Rover Discovery
bscap0009.jpg

Case Closed/Meitantei Conan: Countdown To Heaven - Ford Mustang GT
bscap0010.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Porsche 911 & Datsun 280z(?)
bscap0011.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Ford GT40 & Ferrai 250GTO. Dunno about the rest. Lola and Jaguar maybe?
bscap0012.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Lotus Espirit, Toyota Corolla AE86, Two Porsche 911, Lamborghini Countach and Renault Alpine A110
bscap0013.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Alfa Romeo GTV (?), Lotus Europa & Lancia Stratos
bscap0015.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Porsche 356
bscap0014.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Aston Martin DB4 & AC Cobra
bscap0017.jpg

?X-Driver The Movie - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray & Caterham Super Seven
bscap0018.jpg

?X-Driver Special - Mazda MX-5
bscap0019.jpg

?X-Driver - Lotus Europa & Subaru Impreza
bscap0020.jpg

?X-Driver - Lotus Eleven
bscap0021.jpg

?X-Driver - Toyota Supra, MR2 & Mazda RX-7

Xeon SX said:
hate anime

That easy to understand with representatives such as Sailor Moon and Pokemon. I'd recommend one of the following step-in series for easy cenvertion to the pro-anime side :

Chobits - Irresistible cute and perverted. This is where I and a dozen of my friends started.
FLCL - Just awesome.
Elfen Lied - Loads of gore, but also packs a great story and some humor.

I don't really like it either. But like said above, its not all the same.

I loved Ghost in A shell.

The rest i've seen wasn't worth the trouble. I havn't seen much though.

Some of the artwork (especially that Citro?n) seems really good. Is the artwork that detailed all through the series?

that ferrari in the 13th pic is a 250GTO i think

That FLCL Citroen is a GS

There's a ton of conceptcars in Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex, I'm watching Noein at the moment, the agent and professor drive an old Autobianchi in there.

I like my anime, there's a lot of rubbish ones out there, but the good ones are up with the best Hollywood can produce (certainly when it comes to storytelling).

Oh and here's some recommendations for anime series that are really worth watching:

Mushishi (if you like nature and old Japan folklore)
Cowboy Bebop (space bounty hunters)
Samurai Champloo (same creator as Bebop) (hip-hop mixed with old samurai Japan)
Last Exile (bit hard to explain, great story and art)
FLCL obviously.. tough as a bitch to follow though if you're not really into it
Serial Experiments Lain (equally tough but for different reasons)
Texhnolyze (dark dark dark and perhaps depressing, def. mature but very cool)

CyberMonkey said:
Some of the artwork (especially that Citro?n) seems really good. Is the artwork that detailed all through the series?
The quality varies alot from anime to anime, but I think my shots represents the quality of the animation pretty well.

FLCL is a feast for the eyes! Ears as well, but the plot can be rather though on you brain ;) But it's definately worth watching, being only 6 episodes long (2-3h).

bartboy9891 said:
that ferrari in the 13th pic is a 250GTO i think
Thanks!

Re: My Anime Car Compilation (56k warning)

Kebab gud said:
vanMould said:
bscap0021.jpg

?X-Driver - Toyota Supra. Dunno about the other two.

MR2 (mk3, Tom`s bodykit) and a FD3S

Oh right! An RX-7! I thought I had seen those rear lights before :p I would never had recognize the MR2 though...

Thanks!

BlaRo said:
Lotus Espirit, possibly a Sprinter Trueno AE86, and an older Porsche.
I've watched some other shots of those cars, and you're probably right. The 911 seems to be a early 90's model (before they got those teared headlights).
BlaRo said:
By the way, you've got too much time on your hands. :p

I was just waiting for someone to say that ;)

Kebab gud said:
http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/comp/w123/img/top72.jpg

Heh, I though it was a Carrera GT at first glance :p Nice kit though.

Not bad. But I'll stick to Initial D for my anime.

jayhawk said:

Oh! Is it worth watching? Is the plot any good? Cause that's what I find important in an anime.

I can tell you that the ?X-Driver movie is about as plot-driven as the TFATF movies, and the TV-series slighty worse. The Movie is still worth watching if you're into cars though, which I think counts for all the people here :p

vanMould said:
jayhawk said:

Oh! Is it worth watching? Is the plot any good? Cause that's what I find important in an anime.

I can tell you that the ?X-Driver movie is about as plot-driven as the TFATF movies, and the TV-series slighty worse. The Movie is still worth watching if you're into cars though, which I think counts for all the people here :p

I think you would LOVE Initial D. Its just a great story. Plot is alright, but the action is where its at. A kind of coming of age story, it follows the life of Fujiwara Takumi and his rise to fame as a street racer in Gunma Prefecture.