A real Top Gear Olympics

STLFJ40

Still New here and I don't know if it has ever been discussed (my bad with the Saleen thing) but I was wondering what everyone would think about a real Top Gear Olympics

Have cars from all the countries go head to head in competitions ranging from 0-60 (by the Stig), Top Speed ( on the Top Gear Track), Gas consumption at 40 mph, offroad race, anything else you guys like

Just Brainstorming, because I really didnt think that the last episode was Olympics as much as it was Clarkson and May going to LillyHammer and doing Topgear

I would watch this in a second, well after it finished downloading atleast

Re: A real Top Gear Olympics

STLFJ40 said:
Just Brainstorming, because I really didnt think that the last episode was Olympics as much as it was Clarkson and May going to LillyHammer and doing Topgear

So car versions of Olympic events like Biathlon, Ski jump, & ice-hockey isn't Olympic enough for you???

Doing a 'true' car Olympics like you suggest sounds far too serious for Top Gear, more of a Fifth Gear thing (and no, I'm not trying to bring up TG vs FG for those wanting to troll...)

There will be no other olympics. :twisted:

oh didn't you hear? Olympics are over after Torino.

Yup... everyone just said "eh, this is too hard", so they cancelled all future games.

if they do itll be really boring because we all know the figures, doing an episode about them will just be proving them.

Carsightings said:
osabros said:
if they do itll be really boring because we all know the figures, doing an episode about them will just be proving them.

what about a drag race?

That's nothing that hasn't been done before - remember the episode with the Jag XJS in which the black stig died later on, Audi RS4 against BMW M3, they made "drags" twice on that Welsh beach (which I found by far more interesting than on normal roads), and I also remember they had some old vs. new cars races as well.