GT5: Would you pay more for Lambo, Ferrari etc. ?

GT5: Would you pay more for Lambo, Ferrari etc. ?

• I'm a bit of a wanker and don't like the GT-series, so i don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
haha nice third option.

I would be willing to pay more. Driving the vintage ferrari would be sweet - screw all the stupid concept cars and one-offs that seem to appear in the GT series these days!

Yes, I would gladly pay $46 for GT5 (I got GT4 for $38) with Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati.

I would pay the extra bucks for a duel with an Enzo with a MC12 in Laguna Seca, anyday

awdrifter said:
Yes, I would gladly pay $46 for GT5 (I got GT4 for $38) with Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati.
considering GT4 was $50 in the US, GT5 may be closer to $60 on the PS3

Its a poor argument really. We shouldn't have to even consider pay double or whatever for something that is offered by other 'less sucessfull' games. Think about the kind of money Polyphony would be stacking up through their sucess.

Its not the Real Driving Simulator if there isn't Ferrari...

Lilleput said:
I'm a wanker!

:lol: I didn't notice the poll so I laughed out loud at what I thought was a pretty random comment.

Actually, Gt4 didn't really hold that much appeal for me in the end. It kept me busy for a few weeks, but I haven't touched it since. As realistic as it may be, I find it fairly lifeless and 'safe'. The lack of damage means that you don't really drive on the edge.

I pulled out Grand Prix Legends last week with the steering wheel and had heaps more fun drifting the old F1 cars around circuits. :thumbsup:

Also, it's more fun spending $200 on an old clapped out car and go rallying in someone's paddock.

bartboy9891 said:
awdrifter said:
considering GT4 was $50 in the US, GT5 may be closer to $60 on the PS3

I'm in the US, it's when the game first came out, CompUSA have it at $38. I got it the second day it came out.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Its not the Real Driving Simulator if there isn't Ferrari...
If you wanna play a proper, real simulator, may I suggest LFS!? :whistle:

pdanev said:
You play LFS? :eek:
Get your ass into the LFS section. :p
Hehe...lets just say that my copy of the game might be against the rules :whistle:

But I don't play it that much...

pdanev said:
You play LFS? :eek:
Get your ass into the LFS section. :p

x2

It isn't that expensive, and then you could call and wake up andy, that would result in 2 more racers, oh no wait, that would result in me being behind 2 more cars :p

Forget it, PD and Sony have the cash, they're just too cheap to spend it... MS coughed up the money and gave us Ferrari and Lamborghini.. apparantly Porsche can't be bought or something, but GT5 should have those as well, plain and simple.

keving said:
I'd pay a bit more if they had more realistic AI. :?

Agreed, it needs better AI, those big name licenses, damage, more cars, etc. etc.
There's a big list of improvements needed before I'll buy another Gran Turismo game. The game could be so much more fun besides just trying to get more realistic.
edit: well anyways, I guess I'll stick with my PGR3, I'll take less realism over the extra fun it offers.. GT is as close to a sim as I want to go.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I wouldn't pay more. Besides, I'd rather drive a RUF than a Porsche any day.

x2

and i never drive that class of cars anyways. i'm more the oldtimer kinda guy

the levin, the old RX7, the tommy kaira gen I skyline (since they're RWD), ...
those are the fun cars, who cares about going fast around the track

(even in the game, when we're racing, and someone crashes, the others just wait till he joined, and you can go head to head again)

PS: still playing GT2 over here 8)

definitely wouldn't mind paying more. but GT should focus more on improving their AI rather than adding more cars. the GT series has probably some of the dumbest AI drivers ever.