Toyota and Sports cars and the US

zenkidori,

I have no car at the current time.

I will keep on researching on how to reliably modify the 8 as I adore its chassis and handling.

For starters, I might get an NA miata and either turbo/supercharge it. I could eventually keep it as a fun RWD winterbeater.

Eventually I would like an 8, but again, with if iI could only up the power a bit.

I was fancying the idea of an FD but all the pessimistic relaibility talk (and the seemingly unanimous stance of the community that FDs are just waiting for something wrong to happen) on RX7club.com got me really discouraged. I think it's the prettiest japanese car ever though. I do feel the chassis is somewhat better on the RX-8.

Thx for all the info and happy wankeling.

Don't just turbo a miata, get a Mazdaspeed Miata!

Like I said before, most of the unreliability comes from people not knowing WTF they are doing, or buying cars half broken in the first place.

RX7club, well, there are reasons some enthusiasts call it the "evil forum".

zenkidori said:
Don't just turbo a miata, get a Mazdaspeed Miata!

Like I said before, most of the unreliability comes from people not knowing WTF they are doing, or buying cars half broken in the first place.

RX7club, well, there are reasons some enthusiasts call it the "evil forum".

I was hoping to get a first gen for less than $CAN 9,000, cuz i think the 2nd gen looks awful awful, awul.

WHy is it the evil forum? I mean, I sort of understand since you hear people simply talking about hp numbers and 1/4 mile times and swapping V8s... but that cant be everyone can it?