If you could only have 5 Games

I'd choose the first three Monkey Island games
Half-Life I guess...
and another adventure game, maybe Grim Fandango or Day of the tentacle..... so hard to choose, there's so many good ol' adventure games.

Operation Flashpoint
Warcraft 2
Civilization 2
GTA San Andreas (Only played it briefly, but looks great)
Solitare :D

If consoles are allowed Goldeneye, Zelda: OOT and Gran Turismo 4 would be on the list.

Diablo II(+expansion if allowed)
BF2(again plus expansion)
NFS: MW
Half Life
Toca RD3
GTA SA

Half Life 2
Civilisation 4
Rome: Total War
Toca Race Driver 3
Fifa 2006

blaydexi said:
Half Life
Toca RD3
GTA SA

Don't be so greedy, you wrote 6!!! ;-)

Man, I forgot about the adventures... Monkey Island 1 was off the hooK!

Let's see... If there's a chance for online gaming the list would be something like this:

GPL
rFactor.
World of Warcraft
Railroad Tycoon 3
Civilization 4

All those should keep me entertained for some time indeed.

Hm, tough one. I would have said I only need BF2 but since DICE screwed the game up with v1.2 I'd say:

Live For Speed
Day of Defeat:Source
GTA San Andreas
One of the Lucasarts adventures (Tough choice)
Sim City 3000 (I'm rubbish at those types of games but I guess you need something to entertain you for a while)

swek said:
Hm, tough one. I would have said I only need BF2 but since DICE screwed the game up with v1.2

:shock: Did they really? I haven't played actually since the new patch came out.

I can't belive noone but me has said Operation Flashpoint. Has anyone here played it?!?! Such an amazing game.

Half-life
GTA: SA
GT4
Medal of Honour:rising sun
Final Fantasy x

jeffy777 said:
swek said:
Hm, tough one. I would have said I only need BF2 but since DICE screwed the game up with v1.2

:shock: Did they really? I haven't played actually since the new patch came out.

Depends. I think it's 50/50 between people who like it and those who hate it. Here's what they did:

Anti Air works now. Infact it works so good that it takes quite a lot of skill to be able to survive it. I'm not that much of a airplane pilot so I can only tell how it feels being in a chopper now. If they get a lock on you you have about two seconds max to drop flares. You then have to destroy the AA post before moving into the hot zone. That's a little difficult if you keep in mind that since 1.2 you can shred a chopper with a .50 cal before it overheats. Still, it's a challenge which is okay I guess.

What totally sucks id that maps like Dalian Plant or Wake became unplayable for the US. The Black hawks goes down way too fast. In most cases you won't even reach the shore.

That's all good but what bothered me so much that I in fact stopped playing is that DICE changed all the weapons stats. The PKM is now nearly as acurate as a sniper weapon with the first shot and they decided to make the sniper more acurate. Ground fights feel completely different now since there are a lot more long rage fights, and in close combat it comes down to who gets the first shot off.

Some people might say thats more realistic. Personaly I just don't want to adjust. I liked BF2 as it was. If I'd wanted different gamplay I would have bought another game.

Sorry for the long OT post. I got carried away a little.

Greatgraddage said:
I can't belive noone but me has said Operation Flashpoint. Has anyone here played it?!?! Such an amazing game.

I've played it, and the expansion pack. I loved it, but I'd rather have adventure games....

1. Mafia (the music, the cars, the scenery, the story,... an extraordinary combination)
2. Half-Life (the classic)
3. Age of Empires 2 + add-on (highly addictive)
4. GTA:SA (the freedom to play)
5. Q3A (switch your brain off and start shooting)

tloekke said:
I've played it, and the expansion pack. I loved it, but I'd rather have adventure games....

I just loved the almost limitless possibilities of it, there is so much you can do.....

Oh I have to choose?! Hmm... definitely games with replayability so you don't go mad.

1) One of the Civilizations. I'm still getting used to Civ4, so I dunno which I'd have yet, Civ3 or Civ4. Probably 3 if I could have the expansions, PTW & Conquests.
2) Nethack. Any 3.*.* version.
3) Diablo 2 + expansion.

Those are the must-haves. After that it gets a bit fuzzy...

I've loved all versions of Pirates! for half my life (yeesh, showing my age!) but I don't know if I'd take it for the rest of my life. Angband is another favourite that never leaves my machine, as is Quake 3 (but I like the q2 maps better, mostly for nostalgic reasons).

I'd probably waffle over which to take, at which point my captor would get fed up and I'd have to toss some dice to determine the last two. :)

Buba said:
blaydexi said:
Half Life
Toca RD3
GTA SA

Don't be so greedy, you wrote 6!!! ;-)

Man, I forgot about the adventures... Monkey Island 1 was off the hooK!

oh crap. sorry :lol: if you count the expansions its 8 :p