Subaru in Mexico!!!

transtek

mexico-land of tequila and big hats (but secretly
Car(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Chevrolet Monza, Ninja 600
Yes at last, for all you Subaru fanatics here in Mexico, we can now get... everything but an Imprezza!!!!
This probably doesn't matter to anyone else as I am, as far as I know, the only member here, but what the f**k is wrong with these people?
You build a worldwide reputation for AWD cars, built around rallying success, then don't bring in the car that represents it!!
:? :thumbsdown:

Theres always the Legacy..

transtek said:
Well, this is Mexico after all... maybe I should go and STEAL Petter's ride???

You shouldn't perpetuate stereotypes.

And couldn't you just run up here to the states and grab one? I'm not familiar with the costs and paperwork associated with bringing a car from the states to Mexico (hey, that might be a lucrative business...)

No, importing anything other than '95 or older pick-ups means paying 50% of the original invoice price!!!

And I've been living here for fourteen years, and I can assure you that it is not a stereotype!

That is very odd on Subarus part, with not selling in Mexico. What about South America?

Too bad you cant get the Impreza. Holy shit the STi's are quick.

in chile every man between 24 and 34 has one :p
i have even seen the 2door model..

transtek said:
No, importing anything other than '95 or older pick-ups means paying 50% of the original invoice price!!!

And I've been living here for fourteen years, and I can assure you that it is not a stereotype!
I was at a car dealer test driving cars yesterday and the owner explained to me the whole process of exporting worthless cars to Mexico, so I think you're wrong on that part. Dealers take low value trade-ins, then sell them to wholesalers in Mexico all the time.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't a stereotype.

No Boss said:
ma_jo said:
STi Nut said:
what are the prices like?
starting at 28,000 dollars.. up to 53.000

in chile

for used!? or new?!..... still brand new, $53,000 for an impreza is ri-donkulous.

2006 model

remmember im from soutamerica...just figure that
1 litre of fuel
es like 1.25 (dollars)

No prices here just yet, I'll let you know as soon as I get them!
The models they are bringing in are:
Legacy, Outback and Tribeca?

BTW, when I said about importing them, I'm talking about 95 or newer cars, older stuff there isn't such a problem, as there are virtually no import duties, but new cars is a different story.

ma_jo said:
No Boss said:
ma_jo said:
STi Nut said:
what are the prices like?
starting at 28,000 dollars.. up to 53.000

in chile

for used!? or new?!..... still brand new, $53,000 for an impreza is ri-donkulous.

2006 model

remmember im from soutamerica...just figure that
1 litre of fuel
es like 1.25 (dollars)

let me get this straight....$53,000 for a new 2006 Impreza?? is that like the STI model?

yes for the STI full package

the basic impreza ( not wrx) is like 15,000 dolars

i'm guessing they are trying to keep mexican people from buying new foreign cars instead of new ones built in mexico/central america in general. it makes sense in a way, but i think they should put a # limit instead of huge $$ extra..

it's not like it will stop people from buying those foerign cars, it just makes them buy the worst ones :p