The "New Toys" Thread

Buba said:
Bad news for those interested: Newest Starforce, could possibly be cracked by unplugging your Optical drives or having an Nforce 3 or 4 board... I bought it...

So the game is called World Racing 2? I gotta get my hands on a copy.

Btw, what do you mean by nforce3 or 4 board? i have both and it still doesn't work with Toca Race Driver 3 without me unplugging.

I heard that with some Nforce 3 and 4 boards the scsi mode cannot be jammed since its done differently than normal. STarforce blocks those, since all the Emu progs make a Scsi drive and not a ide drive...

Here's my newest toys:

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/8184/randomphotos6091rc.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.**/img405/5333/randomphotos6107hw.jpg

and

http://img405.imageshack.**/img405/434/randomphotos6118po.jpg

Oh yes, that's sexy :D

cool, old school gaming that doesn't look like complete crap! Love the Saturn... Swek has one too, I believe!

Just bought an 80 GB hard drive and a used 9800 Pro (R360 core) to replace my dead Seagate 40 GB and 9100 ;).

No pictures though.

I just ordered a new bulb for my projector and House M.D. Season One on DVD. Crappy excuses for new toys, but i'm saving up for other stuff :-\

Well, Projector bulbs are usually quite expensive...

Buba said:
Well, Projector bulbs are usually quite expensive...

Yeah, they are ($300 USD), but i'd been putting away money each month for it, since I knew I would need one sooner than later. Figured now was as good of a time as any to buy the bulb.

I really haven't thougt about it that way... Just put some money away each month for the bulb... Not bad... Or a dollar every time you watch a movie!
Bulb costs were the no1 factor against a Projection TV or a Projector for me... Well, I'm happy anyways ;-)

Nice.. i have a Atari 2600 for playing when im bored of the PSX2/PC combo

New toy :D (The 10d, I've had the lens for 2 months). I can't believe the difference over the 300d. Even though they theoretically share the same chip and hardware the 10d is head and shoulders above the Rebel.

10d + 70-200?2.8

IMG_4149.jpg

lben said:
New toy :D (The 10d, I've had the lens for 2 months). I can't believe the difference over the 300d. Even though they theoretically share the same chip and hardware the 10d is head and shoulders above the Rebel.

10d + 70-200?2.8

IMG_4149.jpg

Wasn't there a firmware upgrade for the DR to update it to a 10D? Or is there some difference in the optics that I don't understand?

Yes, I did the update (really a hack) but it didn't give me the most important feature- Servo focus. Also add to that the Battery grip and it really becomes almost 1 series like in feel. So much nicer!

So wait, how do these cameras rank? 20D < 300D because of the numbering?

d30<d60<300d<10d<350d (New rebel, some might consider this lesser than the 10d)<20d<30d

The 20d replaced the 10d (which I bought used for a good deal) and the 20d has just been replaced by the 30d.

ahh interesting... Thanks iben, i never knew the rankings. In a few years, i'll get myself a D-SLR (probably adding this to my med school debt) so only then will i be able to ask all you great photographers tips on using slr.