Torrent Tags?

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
I don't know where to put this thread...

But does anyone know what these tags on TV show torrents mean? Like on mininova most of them are either EZTV, VTV or LOL... and it's not consistent from show to show. With certain shows I find one release is better quality than other shows.

Do these mean anything? Is it who releases them or what?

Yep, they refer to the "groups" of people who cap the programs.

Moved>Technology

They're the groups that release them.

Like LOL.simpsons is a simpsons episode released by LOL. And Its a nice way to kinda guess what to expect, because each of the episode is released the same way; quality, method of distribution.

Yeah, it helps, but it's off sometimes and for different shows. Like I got an episode of House tonight and downloaded the EZTV version as usual (which is among the best TV rips, with Vuk's TG of course), but it was horrible tonight. Too bad none of them have websites...

Shawn_230 said:
Yeah, it helps, but it's off sometimes and for different shows. Like I got an episode of House tonight and downloaded the EZTV version as usual (which is among the best TV rips, with Vuk's TG of course), but it was horrible tonight. Too bad none of them have websites...
I know EZTV definatly have one...they have a forum also. Google it to get the URL

What do you guys find is best quality?

Slight correction - EZTV are not a capping group - they only distribute the caps, their torrents will feature both their name and the capping group

Quality wise I've found all the major groups' caps seem to be same (but maybe I'm not picky enough)

Scrubs S05E13 PDTV XviD-LOL

-Scrubs is the name of the snow.
-S05 = Season 05
-E13 = Episode 13
-PDTV = Pure Digital Television (Lesser quality than HDTV)
-XviD = The video codec, its based on DivX but that project closed in 2001
-LOL = the group that did the release

At last there can be a reference to a release site in [] like [EZTV] which points to Eztvefnet.com.

Lilleput has it correct. VTV and EZTV are the two major torrenters of TV rips. They release rips done by groups like LOL.