Top Gear Magazine Launches in Greece

TGUKGLM

TG Mag Licensing Manager
Hi All,

Sorry to get all corporate on you but I thought our newest press release would be of interest :

"Top Gear magazine is the new driving force in Greece

BBC Worldwide Limited, the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Imako Media S.A., a leading publishing group in Greece, announce the publication of the top-ranking motoring title Top Gear magazine in Greece in May 2006.

BBC Magazines? latest venture into Greece marks the twelfth international edition of Top Gear, following other successful licensed editions in China, Russia, Philippines, Middle East, Indonesia, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania and Thailand.

James Hewes, BBC Magazines Global Licensing Manager, says: ?Top Gear is one of the hottest magazine brands in the world at the moment. It continues to go from strength to strength since the first international launch in the Middle East in 1998. Working with such a respected publisher as Imako Media is a great opportunity for us to introduce the Top Gear brand into the vibrant Greek motoring magazine market and to a whole new nation of car lovers.?

Petros Kostopoulos, Imako?s chairman and C.E.O. says: ?We are really proud to be working with BBC Worldwide in bringing Top Gear to the Greek market. Top Gear is a contemporary and entertaining motoring magazine that provides trusted advice in a witty format. By adding Top Gear to our portfolio of magazines, we will be offering readers the opportunity to enjoy a magazine for men who love to drive, consider a car an indispensable part of their lives and for whom driving is fun and facilitation at the same time.?

All local versions of Top Gear magazine feature a combination of content translated from the UK edition plus local stories of specific relevance to the territory.

Imako Media S.A., one of the largest publishers in Greece, also publishes licensed versions of In Style, OK! Maxim, Real Simple and Esquire and leading local titles such as Nitro, Down Town and Pink Woman."

As promised, I'll try to keep you updated with developments like this from now on.

Nice...

Any news on Latinamerican magazine?

Nothing at the moment, I'm afraid ...

if we only had some greek members :lol:

Best of luck. I'm not going to make a joke that one of the first articles should be 'What is the best hairdryer ... we mean moped - for hyperactive, sunburnt, British tourists to fall off?' Oh, dammit, I just did! :lol:

bone said:

Actually, you have! I am from Greece! Big Fan of Top Gear! I am looking forward to seeing Top Gear magazines in kiosks nearby!

Well, thanks for the welcome!

And I have to say that some of the previous comments were a little offending but I guess in a big company as the company of Final Gear is, these should be accepted as friendly jokes, right? So no hard feelings for now...

eldorado said:
Well, thanks for the welcome!

And I have to say that some of the previous comments were a little offending but I guess in a big company as the company of Final Gear is, these should be accepted as friendly jokes, right? So no hard feelings for now...
No, we hate Greek people here! Jeez, didn't you read that line in the Registration Agreement Terms? :x

Just kiddin'. :p

GREEKS OF FINAL GEAR UNITE!!! Holla from Thessaloniki BTW. :p I believe that publishing Top Gear magazine in Greece would be a forward step for the whole automotive press up here, as the quality of the few (8-9) magazines we have is limited to turbo'ed fiats and topless girls or, on the other hand, how safe or nice it is to drive the new mercedes a-class.

Well, thanks for that rallying call, Prophet of Noise. I can promise you that TG Greece will not feature glowing reviews of the new Mercedes A-Class...

..or topless girls.

Launch looks like it will be end of May but will keep you updated

Hey everybody! I'm from Cyprus!

Soo, i guess this makes 3 of us(Greeks) in final gear forums!

Btw, I've got quite a few friends who love Top Gear..
Just because they haven't registered doesn't mean that nobody watches tg here!

The Imako company is well known in Greece particularly for the Nitro and Downtown magazines. I think the TGmag team won't be regretting their decision.
One question though: will there be any articles by greek motoring journalists, or will there just be lifted articles from the uk edition?
Anw, I'm gonna be checking out the mag when it comes

P.S: My first post! :)

It'll be about 50/50 split between UK and Greek journalists.

I've seen pages from the first issue and there's some good stuff in there from the local team.

Mag will be on sale in the next few weeks - I'd love to hear your feedback (and anyone elses) if you get the chance to pick it up.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
bone said:
:lol:

Isn't mercedesAMG greek?
With the amount of vacation time he spends there, pretty much. :lol:

Anyway, glad to hear TG mag is in even more places now. Thanks for keeping us up to date. :)

Looks like they are going to launch Top Gear magazine in Czech Republic too, sometime at the end of this month. There was an advert in our version of Autocar. Looking forward :)