What is Clarkson saying here...

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Ok, only asking this cause I've heard it a bunch of times and have no idea what it means. In episode 04x07 (7 July 2004), when Jeremy is testing the Spyker C8, he says somthing at 49:51 when talking about the car. He calls it "A drug crased pronogrpaher with a ......... for euthanasia."

What I don't know is where I put the periods up there. Phonetically it sounds like he is saying "Pawn Shawn". I've heard him say this on several other occations, can someone (more cultured than I, obviously) explain what he is saying here?

I don't remember him saying that but what you wrote sounds a lot like penchant.

penchant \PEN-chunt\, noun:
Inclination; decided taste; a strong liking.

French, from present participle of pencher, to incline, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *pendicre, from Latin pendre, to hang; see (s)pen- in Indo-European roots.

Swek is right. If you read a lot of his articles it starts to like its one of his favourite words...

^haha, yeah typical clarkson.

Thanks Swek, I tried looking up in Merriam Webster and reverse dictionarys for "favorite" or "preference" and the like, but to no avail. Thanks again!

yeah ive read that word a few times in the articles of his on the togear site

Someone should compile a top 10 list of Clarksons overused words, like "however" and "epic" for us to vote for our favorite on

:lol: whitening/whitened :lol: