What's with Jezza?

Wintermute

I apologize in advance - I'm sure this is a topic that's been posted over and over again. So go ahead and say repost. Lock the thread if you have to. but to my credit, I've done plenty of searches, grazed through the faq, and found nothing useful. heck, I even scrutinized JC's wikipedia entry. Terribly sorry about all of this.

And yeah, this is my first post, which will likely make you hate me all the more. :mrgreen:

But anyhow, on with it, what's with calling Jeremy Clarkson by the nickname Jezza?

Re: What's with Jezza?

Wintermute said:
I apologize in advance - I'm sure this is a topic that's been posted over and over again. So go ahead and say repost. Lock the thread if you have to. but to my credit, I've done plenty of searches, grazed through the faq, and found nothing useful. heck, I even scrutinized JC's wikipedia entry. Terribly sorry about all of this.

And yeah, this is my first post, which will likely make you hate me all the more. :mrgreen:

But anyhow, on with it, what's with calling Jeremy Clarkson by the nickname Jezza?

I'm not sure.

Possibly because 1. Calling him "Jeremy Clarkson" or even just "Jeremy" sounds a bit daft, and 2. Mario has been informally known as "Mazza" for a long while.

I don't think either of those are the defining reasons though, especially as other Jeremies in the UK [Jeremy Paxman, Jeremy Beadle] are known as "Paxo" and "twat" respectively.

Ugh DAMN NOOB! STFAOMG!11!BBQLAWL. Why couldn't you be more like me, and instead of asking question just go with the flow and be like everyone else!? :lol:

Seriously though...good question, I have no idea.

Oh, and Welcome. :thumbsup:

Actually, i think there are quite a lot of Jeremies being called Jezza.
And Wintermute, WELCOME :D

Jez just a generally used coloquial knickname for Jeremy's i think, so it's just an expansion on that.

Like Fezzer and Mazzer for ferrari and maserati. Just a way of common-ing it down.

cos Jerry sounds shite.

Wauw, that has to be one of the most pre- searched and researched questions from a first timer. Got a little scared when seing some of the other first posters beign gunned down, slaughtered and ripped to pieces coldbloodedly? Anyway good question and :welcome:

About the question: I think it's just something that comes up when people hang around each other, with no deeper meening...

M3lover said:
Wauw, that has to be one of the most pre- searched and researched questions from a first timer. Got a little scared when seing some of the other first posters beign gunned down, slaughtered and ripped to pieces coldbloodedly? Anyway good question and :welcome:

Heh, its probably just because I'm slowly becoming an expatriate from a motorcycle forum where if you post a question using words that people have read before, everyone jumps on it to be the first 50 to shout REPOST!!! and no one answers your question. Eventually someone points out the search function, someone else posts a link to google, and everyone feels smug about the whole afair.

Anyhow, thanks for the welcome. Fantastic site, this. :thumbsup:

So far I thought, its from "Jeremy, mate" as used in any friendly conversation, and Jezza sounds a bit like that as a short form of it... But hey, if the British say its a British thing, I learned something new ;-)

Oh, and welcome Wintermute (a bit depressing, that name??) I'm glad we're having the good sort newbies as well!

plus he did write his name "Jezza" on his lap time

Jeremy>Jezza....what other possible nick could you have? :|

:lol: How could I lock this thread with that opening post :lol:

:welcome:

Kebab gud said:
its a British Commonwealth thing :p

Yeah must be, they're all wierd :p

Wierd, but cool. You've got to appreciate the cultural differences.

Hey, Wintermute, the holier then thou forum wouldn't be the BARF (Bay Area Riders Forum) would it?

I'm also a motorcyclist, maybe we know some of the same people... :wave: