My dad got a "new" car! :D

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
First off, let me say that a new car in my family is a very rare occasion. We aren't rich and we're not the type of folks to trade in a car every 2 years to get a new one. We maintain them well and drive them until they die. Which is what's happening to the.. '89? Corisca that my dad's been driving and that he bought from my uncle (mom's brother).

Hell, my mom had been driving a '78 Mustang Cobra II that she got like 6 months after it was bought new (owner couldn't afford it) until only a year or two back when she got a brand new Civic since the Cobra was starting to have issues. So you get the idea...

Anyway, so my dad bought a white 2005 Ford Explorer with leather, 6-disc CD changer, power everything, etc, etc, (no good body trim or wheels though :() yesterday and ooooh boy is it nice! :D I love actually having room for once rather than being crammed into a tiny car. Sure, it's only getting 16 MPG at the moment (V6, not the V8 ), but hey, I doubt the Corsica was getting too much more. :lol:

I'll post pictures this weekend as he ususally gets home from work after it's dark. ;)

Corsica, 78 Mustang, Civic, Ford Exploder. :?

You need to sit your family down and give them a stern talking to. :p :lol:

(Ok, I haven't always made the best choice either: trans-am->bronco->ranger->firebird formula->sti :) )

Hey now! The Cobra has a 302! :p

...that puts out, 100hp? :tease:

Seriously, though, getting a new car is a blast. Have fun with it (and don't crash it into a pole...)

^^ :lol: That's what I'd be doing! :lol:

Nice, i know how you feel though. My family is the same. We had an '88 Magna for years and dad finally upgraded to a VT Commodore in 2001. We do still have the Magna as well...

Re: My dad got a "new" car! :D

Viper007Bond said:
a year or two back when she got a brand new Civic since the Cobra was starting to have issues.

ohhh dear, i guess your mom isint going to be buying a new car for another few hundered years then :lol: :p

anyways, congrats on the new car (even though its an explorer :p j/k)

and on the gas issue, my parents were buying a new car about a year ago. Despite thier concerns of fuel...they went out and bought a V8 Land Rover :blink: :bangin: So now we are getting 12mpg............on a good day...........going downhill :unsure:

So 16mpg isint that bad... ;) :|

Congrats! I am sure you'll appreciate the car even more when you bring it to the I-5 and compare it to the Corsica :D !

AN EXPLORER

NICEEE CHOICEEE

THEY LOOK GOOD and theyre fun to just chill in...

CONGRATSSS

lol i can understand wat u mean by "We maintain them well and drive them until they die" loll we still have a 1989 toyota camry... n i think im gonna inherit it soon lol

anyways congrats

n take it eZzz with the ride

haha nice.

Congrats, so have you gotten your license yet :)

My first car was a leased 1997 Mercury Mountaineer (basically a rebadged Ford Explorer). I did lots of "drifting" with it's 5.0L V-8 and RWD!

andyhui01 said:
congrats Viper... you can drive it around and act like Jack Bauer in the Explorer :p

Yeah... "Mom I need Directions to the supermarket ASAP, send it directly to my screen..."

mgkdk said:
Haha, I was wondering when someone was gonna remember about me not having my license yet. :p

@Carsightings: It's used and yeah, not my personal pick for color, but it doesn't look bad. :)

Viper007Bond said:
mgkdk said:
Haha, I was wondering when someone was gonna remember about me not having my license yet. :p

@Carsightings: It's used and yeah, not my personal pick for color, but it doesn't look bad. :)

well get some pictures up :)

is it four wheel drive?

you still live with your parents you baby :p
how much did you get it for?