F1: Malaysia

Overheat said:
Does Juan-Pablo still drive with automatic transmission?
No one does mate, it's not allowed (thank god!).

anybody watch qualifying? looks like we got a much different first two rows than we are used to.. I am impressed to see Rosberg so high up on the grid.. either he really has a lot of talent or williams built a hell of a car this year...

I suspect cars like the McLarens and Alonso's Renault are slightly heavier on feul and might be going for a 1-stop strategy.. either way.. i can't wait till tomorrow

only thing that worries me is Jenson Button in P2

So many engine changes - both Ferraris, Barrichello, Coulthard.

Very happy to see the Williams & Fisi qualify so strongly - though I also suspect Williams are running lighter (but very impressive effort - again - by Rosberg, wonder if Frank Williams has him on a long-term contract...)

With that grid, and a number of fast guys starting down the order, this should be another cracking race :thumbsup:

Yeah, looks really good. We might be in for another cracking race tomorrow. I can definitely see some overtaking action going on :thumbsup:

Very nice to see Nico up there. He seemed a bit baffled on the press conference as well (when they asked him to comment in his own langage).

And I definitely dont envy the guys racing in that heat! Like Coulthard said, like having sex in a sauna...

I liked Nico in GP2 last year. I'm beginning to become a fan of him in F1 too! That guy has a lot of talent just like his father.

But I think Nico qualified faster because he was running light on fuel. I think McLaren and Ferrari were running much heavier so they can probably run one stop. I'm sure that was the plan.

I'm sure a couple engines will blow up during the race too. It'll be an unpredictable race for sure. I'm really looking forward to it!

MercedesAMG said:
I am impressed to see Rosberg so high up on the grid.. either he really has a lot of talent or williams built a hell of a car this year...

The Cosworth engine package is good, but it isn't amazing.

Woke up at 9:06, heard that R?ikk?nen had crashed and went back to sleep :thumbsdown:

It looks like Renault will repeat as champions this year. Maybe Kimi should join Renault next year.

Kebab gud said:
looks like toyota got the speed up a bit .. Ralf ended under one lap behind..
:p

its funny to se how honda is doin..
1 in third , 1 last place of the factory teams :p

:lol: Ralf
Why any team would hire this guy puzzles me. He is just a waste of money.

Peanut head can not live off of MS anymore :thumbsup: :lol:

I am so pissed by Kimi's crash, why out of all the people that could crash, he had to. He has the worst luck ever. :(

UMass said:
It looks like Renault will repeat as champions this year. Maybe Kimi should join Renault next year.

it wasn't the cars fault Kimi went out.. it was Kliens fault for hitting him and breaking his rear suspension. what does car manufacturer have to do with it?

disappointing race in my opinion, the mclarens would have put up a very good race if it wasnt for Kimi's accident and Montoya tyre graining problems in the first stint. Overall I think the McLarens are showing reliable and hopefully Melbourne will show it.

57567.jpg

I don't know if you guys heard but Kimi's steering box was also crooked.

UMass: Why the hell are you picking on Ralph? Yeah he isn't as good as Michael but not many people are. Ralph is a top 7 driver, he has skill.

matt_shaw said:

Did not hear that, but it does remind me of my all time favourite reason for crashing a car and ending a race. The honour does belong to Kimi and Sauber. The steering wheel came off and he couldn't steer anymore... :lol:

matt_shaw said:

UMass: Why the hell are you picking on Ralph? Yeah he isn't as good as Michael but not many people are. Ralph is a top 7 driver, he has skill.

whered you hear that? i didnt read that or hear that on any post-race report

yeah. something about how kimi was trying to steer but the car kept on going straight. i agree, kimi oughtta join renault once alonso joins mclaren. :lol:

Renault is going to suck next year. Haven't you guys heard that they are making huge cuts to their F1 budget? I want to see Kimi on Ferrari. Then Rosberg over to Honda and Ralp to Williams.