South Park vs. Scientology

zenkidori said:
I was illustrating the disparity here, I would never wear a fucking white power shirt. A white person would be looked at as a nazi, wheras a black person would be looked at as a black person, and not the black version of a nazi.

BET is another things that's wrong. I disagree with the entire idea of a channel just for blacks, that's stupid, and racist.

In this country many races separate themselves, on purpose or accident, but they do it themselves.

Celibrating your heritage and where you come from is one thing, but being racist, exclusive and having a double standard is just plain evil.

I think it's important to recognize the differences between us (in terms of race). We aren't all the same. So I don't think the idea of having a channel that caters more to the taste of blacks (i.e. BET) is racist. Although I think BET is doing a poor job of that right now. Just like how I don't feel excluded that there are Christian channels out there.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if the notion of a white channel wasn't so horrible. The point is the double standard and the overt discrimination. Like I said, respecting one's heritage and where you come from are one thing, but being racist, exclusive and making things different for each race are horrible things and shouldn't be tolerated.

equal rights should be equal rights, not special treatment.

I think part of it stems from the idea that american culture, for the most part, is "white culture"....and everybody tries to adapt to that. Despite the differences that do exist between races, it's the minorities that have to adapt...

Luckily, I live in Brazil, probably one of the most tolerant countries in the world. Yes, we have racism, but it?s not a fraction of what happens in other countries. All of our language, culture and food is a mix between indian(original inhabitants of the country), black (slaves) and european. The newest addition are asians, the colonies here are very strong, and something that makes me happy is that most of these colonies are growing because people who come live here feel welcome and at home. In fact people tend to be xenophiles!:lol:
Just for the record: I would NEVER wear a "White power" T-shirt, it was just an extreme example of how things tend to be. Funny to see how many wiggers there are around.

Well, something like half your population would be considered black or mixed. From the Brazilians that I know, I get the feeling that racism is a problem there....it's hard to rank which country is the worst in those terms. Even Canada isn't the utopia people make it out to be.

Firecat said:
Well, something like half your population would be considered black or mixed. From the Brazilians that I know, I get the feeling that racism is a problem there....it's hard to rank which country is the worst in those terms. Even Canada isn't the utopia people make it out to be.

It depends greatly on wich state you consider. In the southern states, like the one I live in, we have A LOT of europeans. The further you go north, you find more black people. Each state is almost a country, considering ethnicity and yes we do have racism, but it seems to be much "lighter" then most coutries, because it?s hard to find someone "pure".