Battlefield heads to 2142? (updated 3/21, EA video)

Silverstar

Car(s)
'11 Impreza STI Sedan
Had seen this over at www.pcper.com forums I belong to. And well, I play BF2 for about 3 hours a day....though I am not one of those hardcore BF2 l33tz0rs, it does interest me that this is the new rumors already

Source
Article
Supposed "leaked" vid

Any of you avid BF2 players, or overall games have any thoughts?

That vid is not real, because there yet to start work on 2142. Plus there most likey to use a new game engine.

Old news.... But hey, they have to do something completly new!!!

Buba said:
Old news.... But hey, they have to do something completly new!!!
Really? Could you link me to some older topics or stories? I haven't seen any untill just two days ago..guess the whole BF2 community is behind the time.

I personally think the video is very doctored, looks like Strike at Karkand with some fancy shmancy stuff on it. Looks like the Titan from C&C: Tiberian Sun :lol: . Hence I said rumors

The video was posted on that site on the 7th. I saw it shortly after.

And yeah, I believe it's for some console game or something.

Early trailer released by PCGamer

Video

Source

Different opinions? It seems to be legit to me, but some are begging the differ

I play BF2 with some frequency too. I think the trailer looks legit...if its a fake, its a good one.

Battlefield 2142 Officially Announced

Battlefield 2142 Officially Announced

Electronic Arts and DICE today officially announced the development of Battlefield 2142. The highly anticipated first-person shooter is scheduled to ship worldwide this winter for the PC.

The year is 2142, and the dawn of a new Ice age has thrown the world into a panic. The math is simple and brutal: The soil not covered by ice can only feed a fraction of the Earth's population. Some will live, most will die. In Battlefield 2142, players will choose to fight for one of two military superpowers in an epic battle for survival, the European Union or the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition. Armed with a devastating arsenal of hi-tech assault rifles, cloaking devices and sentry guns, players will also do battle using some of the most imposing vehicles known to man. Massive battle Mechs wage fierce combat on the ground, while futuristic aircraft rule the skies. When facing one of these new behemoths, players will need to use their wits and an arsenal of new countermeasures like EMP grenades to level the playing field.

Team play features allow up to 64 players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates. With in-game success, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, medals and more, delivering the most comprehensive and flexible persistence in the Battlefield universe to date.

Well like TechZ shows, it's official people! Mechwarrior FPS style :D

I guess it isn't fake anymore :thumbsup:

Well I'll be...

Looks sweet though. :D

AWWWWW
I wish they'd let bf2 last a bit longer before they push out another. Because this is the second game i've ever paid for in my life!

woo-hoo: a HALO wannabe :?

.......naw, it'll probably be cooler