Noble Steps Up With the M15

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Well, in my opinion, the took the gorgeous M14 show car, fixed the slightly too boxy front end and made it gorgeous, then screwed up what was the absolutely gorgeous back end and made it look like a kit car....

Still, I'd have one ;)

Of course the info came from here: http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/ecf/newsID/2060404.010/noble/noble-m15-revealed

1060404.016.XL.jpg
2060404.010.1M.jpg

And the rub:

Noble Automotive has today staked its claim to a place amongst the highest echelon of the world?s sportscar manufacturers with the launch of the new M15.

Building on the success of the no-compromise M12, the M15 is a more mature Noble with luxuries including Satellite Navigation, impeccable ride and 300 litres of luggage space!

?The M12 is a great car, but it?s very focused and I wanted to produce a supercar people could use every day,? said founder Lee Noble. ?It was time for Noble to take a big step up in terms of refinement, practicality and style.

?We?re delighted with this new car?s all-round skills and the I reckon there?s not a car in its class to touch it dynamically. After all, it?s still a Noble!?

With a 455bhp version of the tried and trusted three-litre twin turbo engine Noble has come to rely on, this is also the quickest car ever to emerge from Barwell, Leicestershire. With the complementary figure of 455lb/ft of torque, all in a car that weighs slightly more than 1200kg, the M15 is devastatingly fast.

The M15 accelerates from 0-60mph in less than 3.3 seconds and 10 100mph in less than 8s. It keeps going all the way to 185mph, too, and has been tuned for rapid acceleration throughout the range rather than an easily achievable 200mph top end speed.

Supreme cornering skills and a confidence-inspiring chassis are part the DNA and, in this respect, the M15 promises to be the best yet. The spaceframe chassis with integral rollcage is 57 per cent stiffer than the M12 that has won plaudits throughout the world and intensive development has ensured that the fabled Noble handling on the limit is even better than before.

At ?74,950 the M15 pitches straight into battle with the established supercar brands, but Noble is happy to meet them head on. ?Hopefully people that test this car will see it as a real alternative to ?130,000 exotica, as well as the immediate competition in the price range,? he said. ?We know we?re taking on tough opposition, but I?m sure this car is going to take us forward in a big way.?

ahhh, I'd be lying though if i said i wasn't dissapointed about the looks of the back end, I had such high hopes for this car...

Not the prettiest thing I admit but I'd buy one for the awesome combination of speed and handling. 0-100 in just 3.3 seconds from only 455BHP. It obviously gets to 100 that fast thanks to its lightweight body - 1200KGs. Boy this would handle good, especially with the right tires on!

Re: Noble Steps Up With the M15

flyingfridge said:
Well, in my opinion, the took the gorgeous M14 show car, fixed the slightly too boxy front end and made it gorgeous, then screwed up what was the absolutely gorgeous back end and made it look like a kit car....

Seconded - after they fixed the front they should've left it, but alas, they couldn't leave the crayons alone, and so we have that rear-end. Though I'd also say the sides look too heavy and thick - the section beneath the windows in particular.

I'm sure it's an amazing thing to drive though.

it doesnt look particularly bad, its just that the M14 looked perfect. the headlights remind me of the sagaris ones. the rear looks kinda fucked up. and im afraid that the profile will look too much like the saleen. it may also just be that color.
BUT, the peformace figures are higher than projected, which is rare and always welcomed :thumbsup:

here's a list of my problems with the m15:

the front now looks like a cross between a ferrari 360 and 430 (not good)
the arse is just plain ugly, it's like the gumbert apollo crashed into the rear.
they really really screwed up what was originally a beautiful exhaust.
they went overboard with the side vents, the m14's were elegent
the front wheel arches are too boxy.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! the m14's exterior was so much freakin' better.

the m15's interior is better though, touch-screen sat-nav and carbon fibre seats. and nobody could argue with the performance.

right now, my heart's kinda swaying. i was really looking forward to this car and the first glance was extremely dissapointing. maybe the look will grow on me slowly, i really hope it would.

based solely on the exterior. i wouldn't blame those who put down their order for an m14 for cancelling their orders. but there's still the noble magic to depend on.

What happened was that they realised that dynamics were more important that keeping the look of the M14. The guys in EVO magazine drove the development car in this months magazine and inital impressions are that it's fantastic.

The car has grown at the back as the engine is now mounted longitudinally which allows the use of a new bespoke gearbox supplied by the same manufacture that supply Ferrari and Lambourghini with their 'boxes. The weakest part in the M12 was the gearbox as it couldn't handle much more power but this new one is rated to at least 650hp. The repositioning of the engine also increases space in the cabin making for a better driving position.

Personally I'd much rather have the handling over looks. You buy a Noble for enjoying driving and not for posing in IMO. Everything on the M15 is functional and they're a very small company based on an industrial estate not far from where my home is. The car is purely an engineering exercise with ideal packaging, weight distribution and handling.

Want one- want one of those! Finally good a looking Noble! :woot:

Gosh I sometimes with id live in Britain.... so i could buy one and go live in the north of France. But seriously though, that Noble is definetley one my want list with the TVR Sagaris and an Atom. they get all the best

Much preferred the M14.

am horribaly disappointed. Much preferred tjhe M14 concetp.

o bhone honest, much rpeferred the M14. This looks like a badly photoshopped version of the former.

Apart from the stupid looking arse, I likes it! Nice and quick too, excellent 8)

Kebab gud said:
mercedes what? .. what?

anyway .. i prefer the M15 over the M14 .. but.. i still whouldent buy it .. (it has a Fing ford engine...)
whats wrong with the ford engine? as far as small V6's go, it even sounds pretty good

What'd the M14 concept look like?

And while the back end isn't perfect, it's not that bad. It's definetly a kickass car! :D

i just took a second look at the pictures today, and the look has grown on me already. except that chopped arse. i just realised the arse reminds me of an enzo.

i guess i was too harsh on it yesterday, maybe it's the colour, but it does look good from quite a number angles.

arosamike, i know a noble is about handling, but when noble promises to make an everyday usable car, the cosmestics must be considered too. and at 75000 pounds, it's up against one of the best track-orientated cars out there, the new porsche gt3 (80000 pounds).

personally, i would still pick the m15 over the gt3. the only dissapointment i have is that noble wasted the exceptional beauty of the m14, but as arosamike said, it was all in the name of performance, which i think shows that lee noble is keeping his company honest.

i cannot wait to see the m15 in the metal, the dealer's just around the corner from my office :)

I am with everyone else, the M14 is a better looking car, when I first say the M14, jaw droped, this...eh.

And what the hell did they do to the rear fenders
noblem1405_02.jpg

:puke:
2060404.010.mini12L.jpg
:puke:

Not a fan of the NSX style rear wing either, looks alright on the NSX, but here...the rear end looks like something Vauxhall would design.
2060404.010.1M.jpg

Honda-NSX-041G.jpg

From just about every angle this car is a disapointment compared to the M14. The M15 doesn't flow, it just seems the styling is so abrupt.
noblem1405_01.jpg

2060404.010.mini19L.jpg

The Front clip really does screem TVR Sagaress
sagaris_f1.jpg

low-image-4.jpg

The interior is nice though, but what is up with that steering wheel, why can't Noble get a RAID steering wheel, like every other respectable small sports car manufacturer?
low-image-24.jpg

www.raid-rdi.com
070144.jpg

The Performance will be outstanding, but that is not enough for this segment, but no matter I am sure it will sell well. With said, let me just say this, it is a good thing they are selling it for ?74,950, but if it had the M14 body I bet they could sell it for somewhere near ?130,000.