Pontiac G6 GXP show car

Made In the USA

Car(s)
'04 Range Rover
[url=http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=6951&categoryId=21 said:
www.autospies.com[/url]]Seeking to build on the 25-percent retail sales gain by the G6 so far this year, Pontiac is revealing a new G6 GXP coupe show car at the upcoming New York International Auto Show. Designed to augment the G6?s sleek styling with a more aggressive appearance and stance, the new GXP show car will test both media and public reaction before any final decision on production is made.

?Although the GXP performance series has been very successful in the past, we?ve never attempted to introduce a GXP on our largest volume vehicle and we want to be sure we do it right,? said Dennis Maraone, Pontiac product director. ?We believe the package of exterior, interior and performance enhancements we?ve put together on the G6 GXP show car should appeal to 2+2 coupe enthusiasts.?

Highlighting the exterior styling changes is a redesigned front fascia, featuring an integrated lower air dam and an aggressive chrome treatment of Pontiac?s signature twin-port grille, as well as a twin air scoop hood. Around back, the new rear fascia shows off the dual chrome-tipped exhaust and unique ?hammerhead? spoiler. Side rocker panels, 19-inch wheels, vented cross-drilled brake rotors, and a 25-mm reduction in suspension height finish off the GXP?s ground-hugging appearance.

Inside, red accents give the GXP a sportier flavor than a standard G6. The red chrome trim on the instrument cluster, center stack and door controls augments the red leather seat and door panel inserts.

Under the hood, the G6 GXP uses a modified 3.9-liter V-6 engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission. Linking a ram air induction system with K&N air filter to a cat-back free flowing exhaust helps boost engine output to 270 horsepower (202 kw) and 259 lb.-ft. of torque (358 Nm).

The GXP performance series was introduced in 2003 with the Bonneville GXP. The Grand Prix GXP joined the line in 2005 and currently accounts for 30 percent of all Grand Prix retail sales. The Solstice GXP launches this fall.

SP32-20060403-153700.jpg

SP32-20060403-153719.jpg

SP32-20060403-153734.jpg

hanasand said:
The front and the interior is revolting!!!

HOW HARD CAN IT BE DEAR AMERICANS?...

Really, what are those brown touches around the dials and on the gear knob??
Yeah that interior is just CRAP :thumbsdown: Far out!!

Ack, it's just all wrong - the front is hideous, the rear had a chance to be nice until they whacked that tupperware on the back, and I won't even mention the interior :yucky:. And hood / bonnet scoops on a car with that mechanical spec, pahlease, don't make me laugh.

Memo to GM - Must. Try. Harder. This effort is no good at all :no:

Well just ditch the brown and put in a bit of aluminum and you're close

Can anyone photoshop that? :)

v0od0o said:
Well just ditch the brown and put in a bit of aluminum and you're close

Can anyone photoshop that? :)

While they're in photoshop - clean the front end up and get rid of the spoiler - might end up with a nice looking car.

I agree with SL65, the interior is truely shocking.

They expect to get out of financial difficulty with "quality" products like that?

Plus it looks kind of weird. Like if I took the front of a Pontiac GTO (Monaro) and the back of a 350Z and welded them together. :lol:

The rear reminds me of the 350Z. :|

Oh dear Lord.

The front end looks fugly, the proportions are all out of whack and I've seen spoilers just like that on carbage :yucky:

it's quite revolting

for a show car, it looks like crap

As my brother said, they probably just bought a Pontiac GTO and a 350Z, cut them in half and are now showing this one.

The next one will look strangely like the front of a 350Z with the ass of a GTO slapped on the end. :p

Kebab gud said:
the rear looks like a mix of the 350z and a 911 turbo ...

The back end looks like the rear on the Hybrid cars from last weeks South Park.

I'm starting to think Pontiac can't make a good car period. My father has owned 5 Pontiacs (He doesn't realize there are cars made in other countries) and everyone of them has been a huge joke. Just so everyone knows I'm not some yob making generalizations that American cars suck, it's just from my experience Pontiac has a lot to make up for.

OMFG, you guys are blind, too! Look at the third picture REALLY carefully...see anything funny about it? :twisted: