Problem With Cox Internet!

CBuck03

In my area this weekend, Cox's internet server was down for a long timg! I think it was down fro ~12hrs. And since that my internet goes down after a couple hours and i need to restart my computer in order to regain internet access! Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

Restart router. Maybe put your router back to stock settings so it can pull correct numbers from cable modem? Dunno.

It seems weird that it would work for a few hours then just stop working. Maybe your cable modem was damaged?

i'm a cox cable guy how many spliters do you have

also instead of restarting your computer
start > run > "cmd" > "ipconfig /release" > "ipconfig /renew"

do you have a digital box for your tv also because that could help me diagnose the problem

I had similar problems with my Cox Internet not too long ago, as well. It just seemed to go away after I changed BitTorrent clients, but that may just have been lucky timing. I still get a hicup every now and then, but not as bad as it used to be. I just unplugged my cable modem for around 25-40 seconds and then plugged it back in and that got the internet up for another few hours. Interesting to see that we've got an actual Cox Cable guy at these forums...

sns2015 said:
I had similar problems with my Cox Internet not too long ago, as well. It just seemed to go away after I changed BitTorrent clients, but that may just have been lucky timing. I still get a hicup every now and then, but not as bad as it used to be. I just unplugged my cable modem for around 25-40 seconds and then plugged it back in and that got the internet up for another few hours. Interesting to see that we've got an actual Cox Cable guy at these forums...

Yea i unplug when i have problems, but this time it didn't work.

I don't have a cable box, i have a modem, but i called cox and they said they were having technical difficulties. But i am still having problems.

I just restarted my comp for the 5th time today, but this time my firefox was not working.

I'm gonna try the cmd prompt real quick and see if it works.

Edit: I did the command prompt thing... but i wont know until 2marrow if it works.

Thanks a lot Andrew911tt :thumbsup:

CBuck03 said:
sns2015 said:

Yea i unplug when i have problems, but this time it didn't work.

I don't have a cable box, i have a modem, but i called cox and they said they were having technical difficulties. But i am still having problems.

I just restarted my comp for the 5th time today, but this time my firefox was not working.

I'm gonna try the cmd prompt real quick and see if it works.

Edit: I did the command prompt thing... but i wont know until 2marrow if it works.

Thanks a lot Andrew911tt :thumbsup:

The weekend problem was most likely a misconfiguration somewhere (or a backhoe cut), because mine was out for about 12 hours. The modems weren't syncing up with the headend, which leads me to believe there was a discontinuity in the cable itself (or some type of problem on the cox end).

One thing I wasn't sure about though, was for the same time period, at least here, it seemed like the history channel and VH1 were both out. It seemed really weird to me because the history channel is 77 and vh1 is 64, but all of the other channels seemed to have been working just fine.

As for the other problems, I don't know what to say. Everything is good here, and i'm on the same cable system.

hmm... then it must be my computer. Cause my comp is connected through a router to the printer, and my printer doesn't recieve the document, so it must be my router! :thumbsdown:

Thanks hokiethang

Oh by the way... what you think about GMU (even though i can tell your a VT guy)?

CBuck03 said:
Oh by the way... what you think about GMU (even though i can tell your a VT guy)?

You're welcome :-D

Heh I've never really followed basketball, but its good for them, they did a really good job.