[09x01] April 10th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
If you've seen it, this is the thread for you.

Make sure to vote in the poll on the main page. :)

I was kind of hoping that Tiff in his XK review wouldn't make a referance to the 911, but that might be asking to much from him :roll: .

I really like what's for stake in the compo, shame its about a 1-in a-billion chance in getting it :cry: .

Im not surprised that the Lottery winner went for the Ferrari over the Aston, and i think Jason might have hinted to him that he wanted him to get one as well.
What would you have Picked for the 2 cars to tet drive?
I would have went for the Lamborgini Murcelargo and the DB9, as a final desision, i would have got the Lambo, but it would have been the Roadster version, WHAT A CAR IT IS :thumbsup:

Haha, man I love Tom! :lol:

And that bit at the beginning where Tiff is making engine noises looks hella funny. :D

And holy shit at the new Porches... :eek:

Yeah, them porches. Thinking about a house extension then?

That rich guy was clueless. He won the lottery and the first cars he buys are a Mini One and a Smart car? unbelievable.

He can't be that rich if he couldn't just say, "i'll take that one that one and three of them" anyway.

Well, I wouldn't just go and blow all my money either. I'd save it, but just buy a Viper and a Ferrari probably.

56% and i juct cant wait................... can any 1 give me a hint if it was a cool episode?>

lol, yeah, he was in WAY too high of a gear.

Rich guy was clueless indeed. Mini, smart... :bangin: I mean they are all nice cars in their own way, but to waste a bunch of cash on several of those, nah.

I'd go for a gt3 club sport, no question about that, beats each and every other supercar. Apart from enzos and useless hyperjunk like that. :)

Was a pretty cool episode I think, liked all bits, nothing to criticise. Good start for the new season I'd say. Go 5th gear! 8)

great episode.

was curious about a statement made by Jon about the pay by hour. he mentions that this thing is happening here in the US. i'm curious where this would be. does he mean a car rental like Hertz or Enterprise, or something different?

It's totally different. They have it here in Portland. The city actually uses them a lot rather than buying/leasing cars like they used to.

The cars are parked in designated areas around town (usually in reserved parking places). The rest operates exactly the same as how it happened to Jon.

http://www.flexcar.com/

http://www.flexcar.com/default.aspx?tabid=215

burnsy said:
...was curious about a statement made by Jon about the pay by hour. he mentions that this thing is happening here in the US. i'm curious where this would be. does he mean a car rental like Hertz or Enterprise, or something different?
I see you're from the mid-west. How quaint. :)

Check out this one for NYC: http://www.zipcar.com

What a fantastic episode to start things off, it was all great... even the shootouts which I generally hate.

You guys should quit your whining about the lottery winner guy. I'm sure the reason he bought a RAV4 and a Mini is because it took him a while to get a handle on money... if I won the lotto I too would be frugal at first thinking I don't want to spoil it all at the same time. I don't see why he didn't drive the DB9 though... it's a better match for the F430... and the Murcielago would be out of his price range.

What was that auto club thing? Was it Damon Hill's own warehouse or a club he runs?

P.S. The 599 is orgasmic.

It was a Gallardo, not a Murc.

There were both of them in there... I was just replying to Tommy Vercetti who said he should've picked the Murcielago.

Too bad the other girls wasn't... was her name Suzannah?

"Oh Suzannah"... :thumbsdown:

burnsy said:
great episode.

was curious about a statement made by Jon about the pay by hour. he mentions that this thing is happening here in the US.

Its called CityShare here in San Francisco, CA. Rent for a day or part of a day. No where near as high tech as the one on the show. Probably not a bad idea, but who want's to be seen in a Scion xB??

Sadly, for all you hard core fifth gear fans, I think I'll be checking out for the rest of the season... I used to love Tiff, but, well, its just not the same anymore. I feel like I've heard it all before. Besides, I never liked VBH's reviews... she is pretty to look at, but you really don't get much out of her reviews I think.

Bit of a let down for me, now I really really really want top gear to come back asap.

Best part hands down, was the girls of the Geneva auto show. Mmmm. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[edit] Oh, and the F430 Fiat / lotto winner. Kinda defines the "new money" stink around the baby Ferrari's huh? :eek: I guess everyone has to go though their own F car phaze. I probably would too. Get it painted Gold, or money green...

At least its a good car to choose. Not like the 80-90's low rung Ferrari's. Mondial anyone???? :puke: [/edit]

Good episode. I liked the .25 seconds of yellow Z06 the best. lol

The Miata shoot-out was good, but the weather sucked so the segment didn't "look" very good. No visual appeal... in every possible way. <_<

The new XK is awesome and I don't think Tiff did it justice. Obviously the XKR will bridge the gap between the XK and the baby Aston. Beautiful car none-the-less.