Fifth Gear's attack on Top Gear

I think it is all good nature ribbing. Is FG trying a bit too hard, yes but who really cares. Aren't they on different nights, TG Sundays and FG Mondays? So it doesn't really matter. I am sure petrol heads like us in GB watch both too.

What annoys me is that too many people treat JC as if he is the second coming, news flash...he isn't.

It will be somewhat interesting to see if TG returns the favor in the coming weeks.

Off topic: Is it just me or does Tiff fidget a lot?

Kebab gud said:
Scud: when are you going to get it in your fat head that Tiffs attacks suck becouse they are just so BAD.. if he hierd som good writers they things might changes but there just so pathetic..

JCs attack on Tiffs Range Rover sport test was classy.. made you think..
Tiffs Attack on the Top gear test track was.. lame.. made you say "ha...ha... that was ...not funny at ALL"
JCs "driving along in fifth gear.. vell not fifth gear, TOP gear" was funny becouse it was just so natural (scripted offcourse)
Tiffs... sorry VBHs Schumi intervjue was.. omg the lames thing i have ever seen on television sins i saw "Drive"
JCs comeback (newspaper) was just so funny that it almost made me shitt myself..

And this is just the things that happend over the last year

What Fifth gear need .. if they are going to continue there attacks is a GOOD writer.
oh and a better show... like i care about children sitting in schumies Assmolding

(have to say that Tiffs test of the SLR that he ended with "Stig that in your pipe ect ect" was a bit funny, but it had no meening ..)

I wanna see this news article.

Also, to everyone else... holy crap, people! Two motoring shows... a bunch of people who used to work together and are no doubt still amazing friends just having some fun. That's it. You guys are kind of making a huge deal out of nothing.

EDIT: Also, to the person who was saying that Tom used the same line from Richard... he didn't use it exactly. It's the bloody fucking English language. What the hell else would you subsitute for dump? So, what? He's now forbidden to use any word spoken by Top Gear? Ever?

I watch fifth gear in the hope that they get it right one of these day, they're getting there, it's taking a while though.

and untill then, I will whinge about whatever strikes my fancy.

of course :p

Z Draci said:
I vote for:
"You guys need to stop watching FG if it bothers you this much."
Although I generally agree with what you previously said on earlier posts, I generally understand what the others are trying to say and I don't think it's teenage-like gossip or something. At least to me, the point is that a show I love (FG) seems to be losing its good quality in a wrong attempt to emulate TG. TG is TG and FG is FG. They do not need to be the same. I don't want them to be the same. Jezza is a charismatic petrolhead journalist and I love him. Tiff is a former racing driver, tons of talent and very very good in a more serious and hardcore approach when judging a car. I love both of them and I like their differences.

Maybe it's my idea, but I really really do NOT enjoy FG's current season as much as the previous seasons with the shorter episodes. I'm not saying it's 100% out of their effort to match TG, but this season something just won't match :(

So, my guess is that all this "gossip" conversation is actually just our worry about one of our favorite shows and not some silly mood to senselessly judge everybody and everything.

Just my 2c :)

yea, i am kind of intrested in what JC will say about Fifth gear on sunday. also can i see the artical that JC wrote in the paper about Fifth gear.

Mercedes5CLR said:
yea, i am kind of intrested in what JC will say about Fifth gear on sunday. also can i see the artical that JC wrote in the paper about Fifth gear.

From having re watched the whole of last series in the past 2 weeks, I doubt he's gonna say anything. In the whole of the last series he only made a half joke about not going in fifth gear but top gear.
Top gear is the top dog, they don't have to dignify the unbelieveably useless underdog's comments

it seems like clarkson is pretty keen to end it.... or he and tiff had a love in at MPH

first he mentions tiff liking the SLK to help prove the car was cool, now in TG magazine, he's talking about loving watching tiff powerslide the F430 on fifth gear (specifically)

Janus said:
Don't know if this was intentional, or just me.

But when Tiff was submitting his review of the Porsche 911 on the Fifth Gear website he typed something like:

It is the best car...IN THE WORLD!!!

EVER!!!

EDIT: BTW people who don't get the magazine might not realize this, but Tom from Fifth Gear writes for the Top Gear magazine.

I would always 5thgear as a back up for topgear. TG is about entertaining and they're good at it 5th is more toward educational and I don't like watching that. I rather watch another car review than those crash test segments.

Also 5thgears studio seems fake. notice when they're filming these people in the background working on the computer never turn there heads to the camera like it's not never there so so fake.

Vickis nice but it's getting tiring.

They do throw stuff at each other but 5th is so damn annoying always asking guest 5th or topgear....I just hope one guest would just say I just wanna f vicki :thumbsup:

You ever notice when they ask a celebrity what they like more, Top Gear or Fifth Gear, there's always this camera shift, like a piece of footage was cut out. :p

Yeah, I noticed that too. :lol:

i don't mind the jabs they take at each other, like FG:

"...some other airfield tracks" -Tiff

but TG pulls it out better:

Hammond: "but, but ... the 911"
Clarkson: "be quiet, tiff"

or something like that. betcha they go to the same pub after filming and laugh about it all

janstett said:
EDIT: BTW people who don't get the magazine might not realize this, but Tom from Fifth Gear writes for the Top Gear magazine.

I think that shows how there isn't really any true rivallry between the two shows.....or the two show aren't aware of what has been said :p