g35 saloon

M45 is a 7er, S-Class, Quattroporte competitor. While G35 is in E-Class, 5er, Audi A6 sedan class.

M45 looks really ugly from rear. IMO but interior is very nice.

Then what does the Q45 compete with? The Maybach and Phantom?

Salar said:
M45 is a 7er, S-Class, Quattroporte competitor. While G35 is in E-Class, 5er, Audi A6 sedan class.

^"M45 is a 7er, S-Class, Quattroporte competitor. While G35 is in E-Class, 5er, Audi A6 sedan class."

Er... isn't the Q45 Infiniti's flagship model?
How can the M-class stand against the 7-series and S-class, let alone the Quattroporte? There's a huge price gap.
The M is a 5-series/A6/E-class competitor, while the G is in the range of 3-series/A4/C-class.[/quote]

In that case, I'm still right. The G35 is nowhere near the 5-Series or E-Class in terms of price.

Besides, you can't really use prices reliably to see what competes with what. Infinity and Lexus are a little bit cheaper than their Mercedes or BMW counterparts.

Spectre_CDN said:
it's all in the prices

In addition, the rear of this "G35" looks like the Toyota Avalon's
Good or bad is anybody's opinion, though I think the G35's version looks better.

fr3aki3 said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Looks pretty good to me, especially that interior. You know I've never seen one of these cars in real life what with living in Aus and all.

Well if you go along Paramatta RD, theres like a section which is full of import dealerships. I've seen Chaser's, S15 Varietta's (convertable 200SX), various Lancer Evo's, r32-r34 skylines as well as the G35.

Obviously it's not gonna be the updated one, but it's still a g35!
Ahh yeah I go down that road 5-days a week and I know the dealers you speak of...I'm didn't notice any G35's..yet

Salar said:

I find it hard to believe they have a model to compete against the 7'er, S-Class and even Quartroporte. And yes that rear end is UGLY!!

They do have a model, but it's not what Salar thinks it is. It's the Q45... in the same like as the Lexus LS. Obviously close in price to the bottom line S-Class and 7-Series...

Spectre_CDN said:
In addition, the rear of this "G35" looks like the Toyota Avalon's
Good or bad is anybody's opinion, though I think the G35's version looks better.

The G35 sedan now has the same rear as the G35 coupe. Also, the G35 coupe was released long before the new Avalon, so the Avalon would have the same rear as the G35 couple/sedan, not the other way around.

http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/2778/coupe7jz.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/2026/sedan6pp.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.**/img100/9909/avalon7kn.jpg

Seriously guys...some of you think everything looks the same.

Salar said:
Meh, I totally forgot about that Q45 thing. Now that's the ugliest.
not to mention the most expensive, why would anyone want to buy that when they can get the styling of M35/45 or G35?

By the way, these are the classes they represent

Q45= BMW 7, Mercedes Benz S, Lexus LS
M35/45= BMW 5, Mercedes Benz E, Lexus GS
G35= BMW 3, Mercedes Benz C, Lexus IS

Just saying. :lol:

pfrocker said:
not to mention the most expensive, why would anyone want to buy that when they can get the styling of M35/45 or G35?

Because the Q45 is a full-size luxury car...why do people buy an S-Class or 7 Series? For the same reason.

cvg said:
pfrocker said:

Because the Q45 is a full-size luxury car...why do people buy an S-Class or 7 Series? For the same reason.
You're at least paying for a better and more famous brand (Mercedes or BMW), I know it's stupid, but it's true.

cvg said:
pfrocker said:

I just hate the Q's styling, it looks like a Buick :puke:

The 7 and S atleast looks better than that, with all the money you shouldn't be only paying for luxury, deep down you want style too.

Salar said:
cvg said:
pfrocker said:

You're at least paying for a better and more famous brand (Mercedes or BMW), I know it's stupid, but it's true.
well the infiniti's appeal is that it is much cheaper than the S. fully specced out, it comes to under 65K. its basically an LS, for a little bit less

Salar said:

Our family have owned three Mercedes in the past 20 years. A 300D, 560SEL, and a 400SEL. The only reliable one was the 300D, the other two slowly fell apart.

The '86 560SEL had problems with the ABS, rear suspension, transmission, had misfiring cylinders, a cracked dash, etc. There were two good things about that car, it's impeccable paint job and it drove like a tank (when it worked). It pretty much saved my life when I crashed it on the freeway, I walked away with a bruised tailbone.

Then we bought a 93' 400SEL (used) in 2000. My parents still drive it today, they don't want to put a lot of miles on their '02 Q45 (ah, now you know why I'm defending it!). The 400SEL had some minor problems during our first two years but they were all covered under warranty. But now the vacuum system doesn't work anymore (the system that does the door and trunk close assist), the transmission is dying, and the infamous ASR light never goes away (we've had the sensors cleaned but not replaced, it's very expensive). Oh, and the paint on this one sucks...it's worse than our Lincoln.

So now you know why we have a general distaste for Mercedes and why my dad finally gave in to buying a Japanese car. I'm sure this car will last much longer than the other two Mercedes...