Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Yeah,UNIMOG. I had forgotten that name.

Only in Pakistan...
unimog.jpg

Those Unimogs are amazing. If your about to get run over by one, just get down on one knee and it shouldn't make contact with you ;)

Those overloaded ones aren't Unimogs, they're offroad trucks, Unimogs are smaller!

Sorry, no pics, I didn't have my camera, but I saw a Ford GT (white with blue racing stripes) on American Parkway in Allentown, PA on Thursday April 13.

janstett said:
Sorry, no pics, I didn't have my camera, but I saw a Ford GT (white with blue racing stripes) on American Parkway in Allentown, PA on Thursday April 13.

Im heading that way today.... I'll keep my eyes out :thumbsup:

Xenon, I've seen a Gallardo that same colour driving around... it really stands out!

Anyway, here's the 'video' of the Gallardo that I said I'd post ages ago... and by video, it's more like a really low quality slideshow, with some sound. Camera phones are ok, but video phones aren't quite up to scratch yet. Have a look anyway though, it sounds awesome, even recorded on a phone, and is incredibly fast too. The car the video is taken from was flooring it, but once the driver of the Gallardo put his foot down, he was off.

Quicktime format, under 400kb. Right click, save target as...
http://img344.imageshack.**/img344/2435/gallardo0jx.jpg

I'm always amazed at the cars you guys see on the road. In the midwest (USA), I don't get to see too many exciting cars. This caught my eye, and I just happened to have the camera in the car. Can anyone tell me what this is? It's a BMW, that's all I know.

1769BMW_Mystery_1.jpg

Edit: Thanks ice. I suck at posting pics.

superswamper said:
I'm always amazed at the cars you guys see on the road. In the midwest (USA), I don't get to see too many exciting cars. This caught my eye, and I just happened to have the camera in the car. Can anyone tell me what this is? It's a BMW, that's all I know.

Hmm, sorry, can't help since the photo doesn't work. Maybe try uploading it again?

And :welcome:

Edit:

Perhaps this is the one you meant to post?
1769BMW_Mystery_1.jpg

Hmm, no idea, I've never heard of that before.

I think that's a T-Rex. Or a copy of one. They're Canadian!

Unimogs are pretty awesome, the best off-road truck you can buy, as far as I know. I've seen a couple here in Van, and a bunch on the island.

Edit: Wait, that's a BMW badge on the side....

Edit2: Must be a clone, with a BMW K-series bike engine in it...

:shock: flamingice. Nice vid man, that's fast as hell.

Beni said:
Those overloaded ones aren't Unimogs, they're offroad trucks, Unimogs are smaller!

Yeah, I know. I just found that picture interesting to post.

@Xenon, where did you see that Gallardo?

Sorry i don't have pictures, but since i didn't have one with me, and i was driving a scooter, it was pretty much impossible to tae a picture.. =)

But a couple of days a go, i was just waiting for the lights to change, when an Aston Martin DB8 drove past. By God that car is beautiful.

And this is in Denmark. Cars are VERY expensive over here! I believe the DB9 costs 3.2 million Danish Kroners, which is 300k pounds, or about 520k USD.. o_O So it's a very rare sight over here.. =)

Wish i had brought a camera.. Or at least been quick enough to grab my phone.. =)

Tell me about it ;)

Believe it or not, that's one a the big reasons why i don't think im staying in Denmark all my life.. :D

Euro countries are mostly expensive, but you have to consider, lots of people can't stand cold, too.

So, no Denmark for me.

While it's a lot better than a lot of European countries, Canada isn't that great itself in terms of car prices... Even though the exchange rate between USD and CAD is around 1.15, the ratio for many car prices between the US and Canada lies in the 1.4-1.5 range. That seems pretty unfair.

For example, take the new RS4. In the US, it's $66000, which, converted into CAD, is roughly $76000. But here, the base price is over $94000... and that's a significant difference. Does anybody know why that is? And I'm looking for a specific answer, not just something like 'taxes'.

flamingice said:
For example, take the new RS4. In the US, it's $66000, which, converted into CAD, is roughly $76000. But here, the base price is over $94000... and that's a significant difference. Does anybody know why that is? And I'm looking for a specific answer, not just something like 'taxes'.

It's pretty simple

Our dollar has only risen in the past couple of years; this is a new thing for our dollar to be this strong. It will take a lot of complaining on our part for the car companies to realize this; it just doesn't happen that quickly.

Also Canada has much more safety safety regulation crap, so car companies can't just bring any old from the USA into the Canadian market. A lot of changes have to be made.