SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Spyshots of the highly awaited 07' Focus RS
http://img85.imageshack.**/img85/3929/17pt2.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.**/img85/9307/29id.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.**/img85/2498/35rc1.jpg

As can be seen on these photos, Ford?s racing team is busy developing the hottest version of the Focus model range, the new RS. Almost on the last day of cold weather testing season, Ford came out with this prototype for a short test drive on a frozen lake in Sweden.

The test car has visibly big air intakes in the hood and stretched wheel arches to cover running gear from Volvo S60R saloon. As well as the four-wheel-drive transmission, the Focus RS also gets the S 60 R?s turbocharged 5 cyl. engine, this one with a bigger turbo, estimated to deliver around 300 HP. However, Ford is expected to limit the performance car?s top speed to approximately 155 mph.

Not much has been said about the release of the new RS, rumours suggest a launch by the end of 2007 and a price tag of 25.000 British Pounds.
www.worldcarfans.com

Here are some earlier spyshots of the RS also cold weather testing:
Ford-Focus-RS-01.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-02.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-03.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-04.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-05.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-07.jpg

Ford-Focus-RS-08.jpg

^Source

Hurry up you lazy sods!!

A bit too understated for me...

Are the lights optional extras? :lol:

^that's the point of a hot hatch

The bottom pictures was released as spy shots of the ST I think...

The top one sort of looks different, lower roofline? exhausts?

That might be the RS, even though I thought Ford said the RS would be dropped

if only they sold that here in the US. im pissed ford. an american company doenst sell all of there cars here. are they just morons ? :bangin:

hanasand said:
They understand that only Europeans truly embrace the ability to take on corners...

Haha

nah, it probably gets over 20 mpg, so we dont want it :mrgreen:

...i just saw a toyota yaris on the road in the us for the first time - 2007 is the first model year for it in the US. looked it up on toyota's website, the 'murican version gets avg of 37 mpg, while the euro versions get avg of 62 or 48 depending on the engine (diesel v. petrol)

why?

sandor_ said:
hanasand said:
They understand that only Europeans truly embrace the ability to take on corners...

Haha

...i just saw a toyota yaris on the road in the us for the first time - 2007 is the first model year for it in the US. looked it up on toyota's website, the 'murican version gets avg of 37 mpg, while the euro versions get avg of 62 or 48 depending on the engine (diesel v. petrol)

why?

Because they have to add in aditional safety features to keep the person from suing the company because they drive like a moron and caused a wreck. Not to mention the overly restrictive catalityc converters and exhausts. And most Americans won't drive diesel because they think only red necks and truckers drive diesel. Honestly, if Ford sold a Focus that looks like this one with a diesel engine in it, I would seriously consider it. (well, if they just sold a Focus that looks like that, I'd seriously consider it, that is a nice looking hatchback).

YF19pilot said:
sandor_ said:
hanasand said:

Haha

why?

Because they have to add in aditional safety features to keep the person from suing the company because they drive like a moron and caused a wreck. Not to mention the overly restrictive catalityc converters and exhausts. And most Americans won't drive diesel because they think only red necks and truckers drive diesel. Honestly, if Ford sold a Focus that looks like this one with a diesel engine in it, I would seriously consider it. (well, if they just sold a Focus that looks like that, I'd seriously consider it, that is a nice looking hatchback).

...it was kind of a rhetorical question... :D the overall answer, it is true, is that the normal 'murican joe is a moron. sadly.

Kebab gud said:
well .. the US only has the 1,5..
the 1,5 isnt even out in europe yet ...

precisely my point - they wont even release the fuel efficient engines in the US.

they have two different grilles

the first is pretty much an ST with either plastic or taped over wheel arches

the second is a regular focus in the snow.

and from shots in this weeks auto express (that publication is beginning to bore me) (well a shot, which looks like a concept shot) the RS has....

A wider grille than the ST, a stick out chin spoiler, white alloys and a huhuheeeeyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge spoiler

Kebab gud said:
sandor_ said:
Kebab gud said:
well .. the US only has the 1,5..
the 1,5 isnt even out in europe yet ...

precisely my point - they wont even release the fuel efficient engines in the US.
whould you buy one?
yup. my 2.0 L golf only gets about 27 mpg on my 70 mile (roundtrip) daily commute, and if i could get a 1.3L diesel to get double that, i would love it, especially if i could get it for under US $15,000. other than my daily commute i probably wouldnt use it that much, as my vespa gets me around the city for everything else, and 100+ mpg from it is very nice.