Want to follow a motorsport...

ChaoZ

Car(s)
Mazda Miata
I've always had an interest for cars and such, but have never followed a racing series. Now with the internet, it seems more feasable to download races and such in very good quality.

Which motorsport should I follow?

I have some interest in F1 and Rallying, but don't know much beyond the names of the cars.

Which sport would be easier to download and watch?
Which is more exciting?

Which to follow? Depends on your taste. Seeing as you're in Canada, you're open to many racing series.

NASCAR
Formula 1
A1 Grand Prix of Nations
NHRA
Le Mans/ALMS
Grand Am
IRL
Cart
WRC
CORR

Easiest to download? Eh, really don't know that one.

Most exciting? Again, depends on your taste. Many feel that the NASCAR Series are a snore, while others find them to be very exciting. Others feel that WRC is the most on-edge racing, while others don't see the point in racing yourself. Many feel that F1 is the greatest racing series on Earth, while others feel that it has become bogged down in rules and beauracracy from the FIA's death grip on it.

However, if you want to see the most aggressive drivers swapping paint and battling for first, it's a coin toss between the Aussie V8 Supercars and NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.

^besides WRC, i wouldn't watch any of those

some of my options:
-motoGP
-JGTC
-BTCC
-DTM
-belcar (if you can find any)
-australian V8 series (or what's it called)

SuperGT is the most thrilling series .. but with no english Narrators ..
(thou a French TV stastion air SuperGT.. but no one puts it online..)

i whould say .. F1 .. (just ignore the first place and watch the fighting below)
like this year.. an AMERICAN! was chasing Schumi.. for a good number of laps!
(the final proff that schumis days are over in F1)
the midfeald cars are fighting for points and there are finnaly hot heads in F1 ..
this year has so far been the mest thrilling seson opening in YEARS
(and all i tok was for Schumi to start driving crappy)

ohh yeah ..
Jacques Villeneuve (Canadian.. like you! :p)...

Hint to this seson (fights to look at)

d06brn2230.jpg

(to day.. the fight for fourth :p)

forget F1, follow WTCC! thats proper motorsport, with wheel to wheel battles, paintswapping and real cars. :)

I only watch F1.....and so far this season, as mentioned above, is pretty exciting. Especially the qualifying.

Kebab gud said:
WTCC is the most boring series in history!
yes WOW you can buy one! but they still only have a 2liter 4banger ..
banger, exaclty...racing is more than just driving fast...

Check out the V8 Supercars. Australia's best drivers fanging a huge V8 sedan around a race track, swapping ALOT of paint and on the odd ocassion, trying to punch each other up!

i've been following f1 for over 5 seasons now. and i've gotten into watching WRC this season thanks to that website above ^^^^

a1gp seems interesting. especially with the amount of accidents that occur during the races. tv schedule in the US seem sketchy though. i think they show it on the OLN or something.

motogp is also another series i'm trying to get into.

watto said:
Check out the V8 Supercars. Australia's best drivers fanging a huge V8 sedan around a race track, swapping ALOT of paint and on the odd ocassion, trying to punch each other up!

I agree. You Aussies are insane. IN. SANE.

Aussie V8 supercar series are one of the best when it comes to high speed wackiness :thumbsup:

blaydexi said:
Aussie V8 supercar series are one of the best when it comes to high speed wackiness :thumbsup:

And there's a round going to Bahrain this year too.

MotoGP, V8 Supercars, WRC are some of the best, racing where the lead changes every couple of minutes, and there's heaps of crashes.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Moto GP is easily the most exciting. :mrgreen:

That's debatable... you been following WSBK this year? Each race has been an edge of the seat affair!

Don't get me wrong, I love my moto GP, but its starting to get tiring seeing the italian with an afro win all the time. I'm glad the new blood is really starting to make him sweat.

What I download and watch is:
- F1
- WRC
- BTCC
- WTCC
- DTM
- V8 Supercars

I'd say those are my main six. The Europeans and Aussies are the craziest :). Wheel to wheel, banging, racing. Just amazing. Last BTCC round was exciting.

This weekend we have DTM, WTCC, and WRC.