It's OUT, I repeat, Green Light, it's OUT!!!

I feel the same as pdanev... I think the older was more realistic... But F1 is very cool indeed :thumbsup: .

They shouldn't have stiffened the sidewalls of the road car tires so much imo.

Interesting, the fuel consumption of the UF1 dropped from 0.9% per lap to 0.5% per lap on Aston Cadet Reverse. (or did they increase the fuel tank size?).

It seems like you get less feedback on small mistakes, which is not helpful, but probably more realistic.

I think I'm about half a second to a second slower with the new patch on AS1R UF1.

A lot of people (on lfs forum) have been reporting drastic reduction in fuel consuption, especially on gtrs.

It doesnt work for me! I sent the .zip file to my data folder, extracted it, and when I double click the LFS.exe icon, I get "Could not open file data/skins XFG_DEFAULT.jpg. What the hell?!?!?!?

You should have the zip file in your lfs folder when you extract it, and not in the lfs\data folder.

I know where pdanev is coming from. With the XFR on blackwood R I thought I had oogles of grip and managed 1/2 second quicker lap times then before. You can really push the cars through the corner BUT tire temperature went up drastically.

I don't know. I still somehow prefer Q.

I figured it out. Had to erase everything and start over....BUT! I keep the old skin and setting folders.

See you all Saturday! I LOVE THE F1 CAR!!!

i now feel more connected to the car...before the cars spun a little too easily...now they still spin, but its more predictable. big improvement imho!

yeah the game is overall more realistic imo. fwd cars still launch a bit to easily it should take more skill to launch fwd cars without wheelspin. xrt is more tame. the tale only comes out when you push hard :) the transition from grip to no grip is a bit too smooth sometimes.

the only annoying thing is there are tons of noobs on crashing the bf1. Many of them probably cant cant complete a lap with the f08. :(

I havent done much testing, but my only complain so far is I spent 5mins figuring out if the blue light on means TC is on or off (I was on mouse mind you), and I got really confused after I figured it out because flashing blue means traction control is helping you, so I assumed that blue light means traction control is on, and I spin out again in front of 20people taking out about 1/2 of the field and getting banned :lol:

I'm not a fan of the TC if i'm honest. It's easier to drive than a Formula V8. What I don't like is that the only major skill to driving it is to tell when the traction control will cut in and when it wont. It's like being a 200mph software engineer, not a driver.

Guess that means F1 drivers are just pussies. Haven't had a chance to check out the tyre physics changes but AS North is cool :)

andyhui01 said:
I havent done much testing, but my only complain so far is I spent 5mins figuring out if the blue light on means TC is on or off (I was on mouse mind you), and I got really confused after I figured it out because flashing blue means traction control is helping you, so I assumed that blue light means traction control is on, and I spin out again in front of 20people taking out about 1/2 of the field and getting banned :lol:
:lol: :thumbsup:

took me a while to figure it out, too! :D
GraemeH said:
I'm not a fan of the TC if i'm honest. It's easier to drive than a Formula V8. What I don't like is that the only major skill to driving it is to tell when the traction control will cut in and when it wont. It's like being a 200mph software engineer, not a driver.

Guess that means F1 drivers are just pussies. Haven't had a chance to check out the tyre physics changes but AS North is cool :)
the real difficulty of the F1 is to drive properly in traffic. everything happens so fast that you don't have much time to react.
F1 cars of today aren't that hard to drive, but its hard to drive them really really fast.

FireFox said:
When was the patch released? :)

http://img112.imageshack.**/img112/7548/patchtime29sm.jpg
twenty past four pm CET...ten minutes after i left the house. :D

Seems like there are some nice changes... I don't have that much time left today, so I'll guess testing will be done tomorrow.
So there is at least one good thing in not passing the anatomy test in my preclinical exam -> lots of LFS time to come!

Driving the BMW Sauber F1 Car with no traction control is the hotsauce. :thumbsup:

Actually quite easy for anyone who has the slightest hint of throttle control. As in don't floor it at low speeds in low gear. :thumbsup:

^ yes but for battling the traction control really helps. like i was in a 4 way battle on kyoto national and 2 cars in front of us crashed into eachother spun and i somehow swerved around the crash. i dont know if i would have lost grip performing that maneuver without tcs.

also races are a bit violent sometimes. (cars make contact, bump tires etc) and the traction control helps there.