Google Ads

Yeah they appear to have been added recently. I hardly notice them since their at the bottom.

I did notice these convienient adds though :lol:
http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/2582/untitledsmall9oe.jpg

I added them a day or two ago and stupidly turned on image ads. I'll change it to text ads only.

And I added them because there are ads that pay per view, so I thought it couldn't hurt and wouldn't bother anyone down there at the bottom. ;)

Viper007Bond said:
And I added them because there are ads that pay per view, so I thought it couldn't hurt and wouldn't bother anyone down there at the bottom. ;)

Sound logic if you ask me.

Still can't see any of them ...

Viper007Bond said:
I added them a day or two ago and stupidly turned on image ads. I'll change it to text ads only.

Fair enough. Though, yeah... text ads only would be great as it takes a short while extra for the pages to finish loading on my laptop (not that it matters too much as the last thing to load is the ad, but still).
Thanks!

Viper007Bond said:

So they pay even if we don't click :)

/me whitelists forum :D

Edit:

It seems to be a little biased whenever you are around Viper :p
http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/9076/viper0jd.jpg

Turns out that the CPM ads (where I get paid for views and they don't have to get clicked) only show up if an advertiser manually chooses your site and since no one is gonna do that for these forum ads, I'm gonna remove them.

Ah, no, I disabled them.

Are they worth enabling?

not worth doing so for this site imo, they work well for entertainment sites though. you might consider adding the link units between posts if there is any way. i know there is a plugin for vbulletin. there are other ways to monetize forums though, and if you're interested in knowing then you can pm me.

Too much work to hack it into the forums, not to mention the main site ads cover hosting as it is, so no need to polute the forums. :)

Just outta curiousity, I'm running image ads at the bottom of the forum. I'll remove them soon probably. I was just curious if I ran only image ads on the forum, if they'd be impressions ads (i.e. makes money even if no one clicks) or if they are click ones too.

Viper007Bond said:
Just outta curiousity, I'm running image ads at the bottom of the forum. I'll remove them soon probably. I was just curious if I ran only image ads on the forum, if they'd be impressions ads (i.e. makes money even if no one clicks) or if they are click ones too.

Let us (me :p) know how that goes.

I get a lot of these at the bottom:

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

But most of the time I get ads.

jayjaya29 said:
I get a lot of these at the bottom:

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

But most of the time I get ads.

Get those too, maybe one third of the time :dunno:

Sorry, that was my bad. I screwed up with the alternate ad.

Anyway, seems that most of the image ads down there are click ones, actually, hell, they all are and since they won't be clicked, I'm removing them.

Thanks for putting up with them while I tested though. :)