So I went to auto-x too :) (Porsche photos inside)

MXM

I paid for this title
Yesterday Porsche Club Finland had it's first slalom (auto-x) event this year, and I of course was there to compete and take photos :)

Being a noob with SLR, I managed to screw up lighting on many photos, as I didn't use auto-mode, because cool people don't use auto ;) Took a lot of photos, but only around 60 made it after critical inspection, and here they are. Clicking gives you bigger version (~0.5 mb/photo).

The "pit" area:

Short briefing about rules and safety

Track itself was quite big, over 1km with some pretty fast segments. Judging by times average speed was around 40-45 km/h, and I drove most of it in 2nd gear.

When taking photos I had to stand in one place for most of the time (reporting on errors and placing back cones), so most of the photos are from same spot.

Stragegic move, having your lights up, so you see your front end which helps cutting closer to cones. I did it too :)

Ok, while writing this I realized I'm too lazy to comment every picture, so here are the rest:

You know, 944 turbo is a perfect family car :D

Bling bling. That has to be the cleanest 944 engine bay I've ever seen. And it has quite a few mods it seems.

You kidding? There's not a single Boxster out there that hasn't visited Finland once in its life (screw all the development and prototype stuff, of course ;) )

Thanks for sharing the pictures, MXM!

Where is YOUR 944 in the photo, MXM?

And yeah, "cone patrol" can be boring, but fair.

nice pic's man! very well done :thumbsup: