Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Check it out! http://gallery.finalgear.com/

If you'd like an account, please go over this requirement / guidelines list for getting an account:
  • Upstanding member of the forum, i.e. you must have more than one or two posts here and been a member here for a while. Oh, and FYI: anyone going around making posts here just for the sake of increasing their post count will be banned.
  • You agree to only upload images that are only for the purpose of showing people here on the forum. I didn't make the gallery for you to use it as your own personal file upload site for like family pictures. Doing so will get your account revoked.
  • After uploading stuff, please make a thread here in the Photography area linking to your new album as again, the gallery is to be used in conjuction with threads here (for example, rather than uploading a ton of images to ImageShack and them posting them in a thread, you can just upload them to our gallery).
  • You will only upload images that you have taken! The purpose of the gallery isn't for you to upload wallpapers or whatever. Use ImageShack or whatever for that.
If you think you understand the purpose of our gallery and understand the above requirements, send me a PM with your e-mail address and password and I'll make you an account and album.

Also, please also report any abuse of the gallery in this thread (i.e. using the gallery as an image host).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gallery Hints & Tips

• Create Albums - it's a lot easier to browse your stuff if you don't just cram all of your images into your main album. Go ahead and make some sub-albums by clicking the link of the left side of your gallery. It'll make things a lot easier.
  • You Can Customize Your Album - click on "Edit Album" on the left side and check out all the stuff there. You can change how many images get displayed per page, the thumbnail sizes (please don't make HUGE thumbnails), the description of your main album (please don't change the title or name from your username), etc.

Thank you very much Viper.

Sweet!
It would be nice if everyone who's put their photos in lens flair could put a copy in here - particularly those images that no longer work in the lens flair thread.

Viper - what are we looking at in terms of size limits? Does each person have a limit in terms of filesizes overall? (just wondering how this will affect your bandwidth usage...)

Don't worry, we're good. ;)

I've added some tips and hints to the original post. If you have an account, make sure to read it. ;)

I have a suggestion, can you make the next page/last page buttons more noticeable. I loaded up all my pictures and they weren't all shown, I finally found the next button. Can you make that bigger or in a better spot so it can be easily found?

IMO, they're fairly noticable right there at the top already...

However, may I suggest editing your album to make more images appear per page? Or even better, making some sub-albums so that you don't end up with a bazillion images all in your root?

Viper007Bond said:

However, may I suggest editing your album to make more images appear per page? Or even better, making some sub-albums so that you don't end up with a bazillion images all in your root?

If I edit pictures per page, will it be global so that whoever accesses my gallery will see the specified amount of pictures?

jayjaya29 said:
Viper007Bond said:

If I edit pictures per page, will it be global so that whoever accesses my gallery will see the specified amount of pictures?
Yes, just click "Edit Album" on the left side and then "Theme" at the top.

That is nice... I'll check it out, so that I have a live demo and see what I can do with it... ;-)
Seems like tons of nice pics...

Viper007Bond said:
jayjaya29 said:
Viper007Bond said:

Yes, just click "Edit Album" on the left side and then "Theme" at the top.

Yep, I got it, thanks Viper.

Guess I need to get my post count up to be able to log on.
A) This thread is 2 years old and we never use the gallery anymore, especially now that vB supports albums.

B) Read the original post. Accounts on the gallery are manually made.

Locking. Use the vB albums instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.