I'm soo stupid, but lucky

Droopy McCool

Yesterday on my out of work I was at a red light less than a block away from work. And I admit that I drive pretty aggressive (on my car not others) so I popped it in to neutral and on green jamed it into drive and floored it, I got some good wheel spin and took of like a bullet. (by the way I drive a Geo Prism, so this is a simply amazing display from such a car) This is what happened,
1. I didn't realize till 60 I had a cop on my ass (I"m a dumb ass)
2. there were multiple co-workers at the light with me, so practically everyone at work knows.

Though I still can't complain, I'm 23, driving since i was 16, and this is my first ticket, so i deserve to have it really bad i guess.

:lol: I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. Ah well, lesson learnt - always check mirror for cops :wink:

(A guy I used to work with was actually even more foolish - took off from the lights aggressively trying to clear the traffic - he noticed a car alongside was keeping up, so he floored it even more, until it was almost a drag race - and what do you know, it was fully marked police car)

same thing sort of happened to me when i first got the GTX i was in the fast lane on the highway at night when a car started tailgating me so i downshifted and floored it as did my follower by the time the cop flipped on his lights we were both doing about 110 fortunatly the officer used to own a GTX so i got a warning and we ended up sitting and talking about the GTX for about an hour on the side of the road

TF

FBC that reminds me of a story i heard. This cop was on a call on the interstate driving 100+ with out lights on. And this other guy pulled up and passed him. He really needed to go to the call, but had to pull him over for that (I think his ego was hurt). The guy said he didn't even realize it was a cop he passed or that he had even really passed anyone. At least the Finn has an excuse (night)

Heh, just 30 minutes ago a guy on a bike and I were having a play on the road, we're doing almost 3x the speed limit down this two lane road me just behind him, and we pass a junction with a police car sitting there waiting to pull out... The bikers head jerked over to look so quick he nearly came off..

The police car didn't even do anything, it just pulled out and headed the other way. Must have been end of shift.

yes, i'm currently serving a suspension for speeding, it goes to show that even when you think the coppers won't be around, they are. To be honest, i'll still have my fun, but i'll be thinking a whole lot harder next time. This month is killing me!!!

1 week to go...

flyingfridge said:
yes, i'm currently serving a suspension for speeding, it goes to show that even when you think the coppers won't be around, they are. To be honest, i'll still have my fun, but i'll be thinking a whole lot harder next time. This month is killing me!!!

1 week to go...

thats rough... i am at 2 moving violations right now so... i am going to be taking is slow allllll summer long becuase i think i would die if my license was suspended

TF

Droopy, Welcome!

I just wanted to warn you, there are a lot of people on this forum that apparently drive like little angels. So there might be a handful of people that want to rip off your balls.

Either way, you learned your lesson. A slap on the wrist, no big deal, it happens to everyone eventually.

Yea it was the everyone at work seeing that was the worst part. Everyone's asking about it. Geez. And thanks for the warning, I wish there were more ways to legally release my need to speed. But I don't like ovals, or drag races, and thats all Indiana seems to be, stupid rednecks. :)

fbc said:
:lol: I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. Ah well, lesson learnt - always check mirror for cops :wink:

(A guy I used to work with was actually even more foolish - took off from the lights aggressively trying to clear the traffic - he noticed a car alongside was keeping up, so he floored it even more, until it was almost a drag race - and what do you know, it was fully marked police car)
I was driving home late one night on a twisty one-lane state highway, and after being blocked by moms in their SUVs doing 30 in a 50 I was getting frustrated. I was approaching a two-lane bridge when the car in front of me turns off and the road opens up. I thought to myself, "finally!" and floored it.

Unfortunately, a car behind me floored it as well, and took the left lane while I stayed to the right.

"Oh, hell, no, you don't!" I said, and kept on accelerating. The other car was accelerating as well, and eventually we were barreling down the bridge neck and neck, at about 60mph.

"Fuck!" He was gaining on me! By the way, what fine machinery was I losing to at this moment, anyway? So I turned to look, and I see...

"Shrewsbury Police."

The cops in this town are typical bored small-town fuzz, so naturally they're vicious when it comes to teen drivers (they got my friend for going through a yellow light, took his and his gf's license, then threw them in their faces). So I was damn lucky that the cop simply sped on past and didn't notice.

Later on, I got stopped by a cop who was just finishing pulling over somebody else and had tracked me through the center of town, while I was in a Buick (who gets pulled over in Buicks?! :? ), but that's a different story. ;)

let me guess Rt. 20?

i live in worcester so i have had the occasional run in with the shrewsbury cops

tf

Rt. 144 bridge over I-290, right where Shrewsbury meets Boylston.

Where in Worcester are you?

behind holycross in Worcester. thought i am originally from Millbury

I got lucky too...

Being 16 and immature..

Well right outside my school is 4 lane road (2 lanes going both ways) and this girl i know on the right was...slow...i passed her on the right going 80 in a 45 and i was able to slow down to 60 with out massive braking (like slamming on the brakes). I was like "OHHH $#%&#^$#%, PARENTS WILL KILL MEEE" The cop doesn't turn his lights on and pulls next to me on the next red ligt and goes on his loud speaker "Driver please slow down" and then just left..

It was prob because i wasn't driving a sport like car (I Love how the Subaru Legacy GT is a sleeper) and i was wearing my uniform.

:D Thats great "driver please slow down" I don't think i've ever heard a cop use the loud speaker, most of the time if they want to tell you something they tell you face to face, at least in my encounters.

Why is no one concerned that he just jammed it into drive!!!??

Dark_Templer_102 said:
The cop doesn't turn his lights on and pulls next to me on the next red ligt and goes on his loud speaker "Driver please slow down" and then just left..

:lol: :lol: That's just awesome! What a cool cop!

I got a fine in the mail yesterday. 67km/h in a 60km/h zone. $131 fine and 1 demerit point. Not that bad at all. Mind you, it was from one of those fucking cars with the radar on the bumper that just sits on the nature strip :thumbsdown:

This thread just reminded me of my accidental cop car run-in - around 10 years ago (yes, I'm getting old) I was having a bit of fun on a twisty road, came up behind another car going slowly. After getting frustrated I started following him really closely. I was close enough that after a couple of minutes I noticed the red & blue lights mounted on the parcel shelf... you know, the red & blue lights that unmarked police cars have... either he never checked his mirror, or was in a good mood as he just drove off.

but he can't pull you over for tailgating him right? and I hate unmarked cop cars... why can't the system be the same in Malaysia where the point of speed traps is to slow the cars down and not fine them. In Malaysia, when cops are using radar guns to check for speeding on the highway, they have a massive EZ-UP tent in blue and white stripes on the side of the road