How many MPG does the new Discovery get?

There is no such thing as the new Discovery, you're probaly talking about the LR3 though.

ps: you are useless :lol: it's called google my fine feathered friend: 14 mpg city / 18 mpg hwy

matt_shaw said:
There is no such thing as the new Discovery, you're probaly talking about the LR3 though.

Pff.

There's no such thing as the new LR3, it's the new Discovery. Get it right.

Also, according to car magazine the Disco III will do 18.8mpg. The diesel V6'll do 30.8, almost double, if you're interested.

teeb said:
matt_shaw said:

Pff.

Also, according to car magazine the Disco III will do 18.8mpg. The diesel V6'll do 30.8, almost double, if you're interested.

If he's from the US, he won't be interested in the Diesel version :)

mautzel said:
teeb said:
matt_shaw said:

Pff.

If he's from the US, he won't be interested in the Diesel version :)

Good point, but I'm sure he gets a warm glow of happiness inside from knowing that one exists. :p

Cobol74 said:
Not sure that a US and an Imperial Gallon are the same. This may affect the MPG figure quoted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

Well, according to Google, 18 normal gallons is 21.6 American gallons. So there you go, a free fuel economy improvement.

Best thing to do would be to check the Disco III's mpg on a US car site. Where no doubt it'll be applauded for it's excellent fuel economy. :p

teeb said:
matt_shaw said:

Pff.

don't even try it n00b :lol: http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/home.htm

matt_shaw said:
teeb said:
matt_shaw said:

Pff.

don't even try it n00b :lol: http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/home.htm

You were saying?

Besides, Land Rover is a UK company [started by Rover], and so it makes sense to use the British terminology. And it takes styling cues from the previous Discovery, and it's 7-seat layout. LR3 transmits none of this.

matt_shaw said:
Look where zeoniks lives. There is no Discovery in the USA

He lives in North Yorkshire...

...which is in England...

:p

theres a Brooklyn in the UK?

where the bloodly gangsters have massive fights and what not? Gangsters in UK? Ha.

Dark_Templer_102 said:

Mmhm. Brooklyn Beckham.

*wanders off mumbling about stupid names for kids

Brooklyn in NZ too...

It may be the LR3 in NA... but who is actually gonna call it that? :p

Guys, calm down. It's just a name. You know what it is. LR3 or Discovery, it's the same vehicle.

Dark_Templer_102 said:

where the bloodly gangsters have massive fights and what not? Gangsters in UK? Ha.

Our gangsters are no-nonsense-drop-you-in-the-river-with-cement-shoes-if-you-look-at-them-funny hard men. Your gangsters are rich black kids that want to be 50 cent.

:p

Wow, the FinalGear off-topic virus strikes again. :lol:

14/18 is bullshit, you can count on that.

My discovery supposedly gets Automatic: : 12 mpg / 16 mpg, I rarely get more than 230/240 miles out of a tank, I have done 150 or so miles on 1/2 a tank today, but thats because it was mainly highway. I just hope the quality issues have been gotten rid off in the LR3, they are expensive cars to maintain =/

The "new" Discovery is the LR3 without a doubt. Much great debate on the subject for sure.