UPDATE on Top Gear America

I think a HUGE part of the appeal for us American viewers is Top Gear's constant and consistent features on cars we will NEVER get over here. Add on-track / on-road reviews of the most exotic cars on earth... engaging hosts with 3 distinct personalities... and the high production value of the show... it's a winner through and through. Makes every car-related show produced here in the "colonies" look like a piece of turd - look at Motorweek for example... balding, fat white guys with no personality with visuals that look like they were taped with an off the shelf GL-2. BOOOOORING.

FAILED SUCKED

FAILED SUCKED

its gonna SUCK its gonna fail because its gonna suck I cant stand it already its not gonna be topgear theres no audience there wont be any race challenges.. and how many of these redneck dragster driving a$$holes can be funny in a bobsled.. THERE WONT BE ANY BOBSLEDS.. I can guarentee none of them will be connected with the automakers like jeremy is, noone will have the balls to be really honest.. the news section will suck with noone there to laugh.. hell they may try to make it serious.. Im sorry this show has failed and its not even on yet.

I don't think the Americans can pull off what the James, Jeremy, and Richard do. Every American I know tends to be rude, brash, uptight, and on top of it all they usually have a terrible sense of humour.

They're going to make a dogs breakfast of the show, I'm sure of it.

Lets wait until we actually watch an episode to form an opinion.

watto said:
Danny Tran said:
No substitute for fezza...

Read my sig...

Jeremy doesn't even look like a Ferrai, and why would people call him fezza :? :p

They should just give Americans the episodes us English get. I know the cars we have and the language we use is slightly different but people would be happy enough with the humour and smashing things up. Anyway no-one on here complains about not understanding Topgear.

Vette Boss said:
I don't think the Americans can pull off what the James, Jeremy, and Richard do. Every American I know tends to be rude, brash, uptight, and on top of it all they usually have a terrible sense of humour.

you live in the US and you think everyone is rude, brash, uptight and has a bad sense of humor?

bartboy9891 said:
Vette Boss said:

you live in the US and you think everyone is rude, brash, uptight and has a bad sense of humor?

Wow. Bartboy, he knows me and you pretty well doesn't he?

No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
Vette Boss said:

Wow. Bartboy, he knows me and you pretty well doesn't he?

There are always exceptions. ;) May I explain that I'm not exactly typical either, I'm half English. My accent is English and so is my sense of humour; though my humour is watering down a bit now, too much time spent around Americans. :p

On the whole, though Americans do not make entertaining TV presenters. I'm sure you agree?

could be interesting especially because they will most certainly be more on Americans car oriented as Top gear Uk is , thereby could we have more chance to see americans supercars from saleen , shelby , mosler etc.
Besides I read that they used the Stig for the US top gear pilot so probably will they also creat a special US stig's laptimes ! 8)

Vette Boss said:
On the whole, though Americans do not make entertaining TV presenters. I'm sure you agree?

Seacrest Out!

(In more ways than one)

Vette Boss said:

I agree 97%. That exeption 3% would be Jon Stewert from The Daily Show, as well as Adam and Jamie from Mythbusters.

why make a show about fast cars in a country where you are only allowed 55mph ^^

<-- loves the german autobahn :)

D-Fence said:
why make a show about fast cars in a country where you are only allowed 55mph ^^

<-- loves the german autobahn :)

Nobody with the exception of old people actually drives the speed limit. And in most places it is not 55mph. On the highways and freeways it is usually 70mph-90mph.

thats good news :)

well, same over here....but believe me, the worst thing is, when you have no limits on the autobahn and some stupid moron is on the left lane with 100km/h .......