Fastest four door saloon in the world

fastest current 4 door saloon is the flying spur i think, closesly followed by the new s 65 amg :D (i saw it on nurburgring sunday.........I WANT ONE!)

http://img109.imageshack.**/img109/2875/nordschleife2204060019ev.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.**/img103/7438/nordschleife2204060022ue.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.**/img103/1907/nordschleife2204060038kr.jpg

the amg does 250/300km/h limited by software, the flying spur does 305km/h :)

robocop.jpg

^ They styled the calipers after Robocop.

M5

M5

I would like to go on record as saying no way can the M5 do over 200 mph. If a ferrari F430 with 490 hp can only do 196 then there is no way a sedan with 17 more hp can do 205. I don't care what JC said or what anyone else claims. I call BS.

Re: M5

Aflac said:
I would like to go on record as saying no way can the M5 do over 200 mph. If a ferrari F430 with 490 hp can only do 196 then there is no way a sedan with 17 more hp can do 205. I don't care what JC said or what anyone else claims. I call BS.

At that speed it's more about aerodynamics and control than hp.

Yeah, not like it has been done many times. The F430 has alot more downforce than the M5, with it's venturi tunnels and spoilers. spoilers = drag = less topspeed.

It's the same with something like the Carrera GT and Mclaren F1. The GT only has 15 hp less too, but still does 50 - 60 km/h less in topspeed.

I guess it'd depend on whether you're comparing the models dead stock, or after modifications.

If you're only looking at dead stock, you'd have to give it to the Flying Spur over the M5/S65AMG, and if you did remove the limiter, they wouldn't be stock anymore, would they?

Then again, apparently the Aussie Ford Falcon GTHO held the record in the early 70's (might have just been for the not-released Phase 4, may have been the Phase 3, unsure about that).

On the topic of car speedos, they're all optimistic. My old Pintara's speedo went up to 200km/h, but the fastest I had it to was 190, once, down a hill, with a tailwind (not on the roads of course). My current car (1994 Ford Falcon) has a speedo that goes up to 220km/h, but I know it has a 180km/h speed limiter on it (the sports models don't have the limiter, but the base models do, and no, I haven't tried to push it to 180).

No Boss said:
Aflac said:

Just for 'pub quiz' value, the Veyron makers say that for every mph over 200 you want to go in a normal car [read : not shaped like a bullet], you need 8bhp.

teeb said:
No Boss said:
Aflac said:

Just for 'pub quiz' value, the Veyron makers say that for every mph over 200 you want to go in a normal car [read : not shaped like a bullet], you need 8bhp.

Yeah so with 8 bhp per mph you'd expect only 2 mph difference between the two if they had the same aerodynamics. So my point is there's no way the M5 has better aerodynamics than a 430. And NoBoss I have no idea what "control" is and how it affects top speed but I assume you mean design which is still aerodynamics.

If someone can post a link that proves it's done 200 i'll believe it otherwise it's just marketing hoopla to me.