Status
Not open for further replies.
jensked said:
So the two hot beach girls, all fake? :x

I had a feeling they were.....

jensked said:
no big loss

server load will decrease with 52% without all those random posts :p

/edit: just saw the warning...is this a flame?

good call bro.

I find what he said in another topic to be quite interesting:

Carsightings said:
I hate that kind of thing :yucky:

you knew what you were doing was wrong :bangin:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?p=261462#261462

:roll:

Grow up, learn what it takes to be a part of a community (And no, that's not how many posts/threads you can make) but rather what you can contribute. And If that's 800 posts of oneliner comments mixed with lies this board won't have a hard time without you.

Maybe, just maybe you'll realize that the way people perceive you isn't as important as you always thought. In most cases being yourself is enough to get along just fine.

Don't worry Mr. Israeli, it's only an internet forum. It's not like you cheated someone in real life and must physically suffer the consequences. Besides, if you hadn't been caught I doubt you would've confessed to your little crime anyway. Something I learned in my philosophy class is that it's only problematic if you get caught. Of course, it's not recommended you do such a dishonest thing in the first place. You can still open the door and welcome the real world. :D

I post here because in the fall of 2003, someone made a website offering free HTTP downloads of Top Gear. And then this forum resulted because of the popularity so here I am!

LOL. Jesus, this is hilarious. Carsighting went a tad too far with stealing other people's work, copyright laws forbid that.

Gotta give him props for faking the stories and making it so believable as well. But I'm sure each of us have done some stealing in our younger days...

^ Exacly

andyhui01 said:
BlaRo said:
When you get older and start writing research papers for school, plagarism like you've done won't be forgiven as easily like here.

tell me about it... I knew a friend who got caught because of that
Sorry being a bit OT, but I had to mention this, I forgot to quote one setence correctly in my term paper and lost about 6 points (overall grade) for something like "attempted plagerism" or something.

Well sorry this happened man, see you around.

I was accused 3 times for academic violations. 2 of them I fought vigorously. All were with the same professor.

1st one - misunderstanding. Prof. had this weird way to hand in and receive assignments. My submissions came back without a grade, when I brought it to his attention he accused me of lying....whatever, I fought it...not a problem.

2nd one - Group work. My friend was part of a group, he left that class and joined my class (which was an accelerated pace). He took the group work (which was all his anyways, that's why he left the other class because his group did nothing). Anyway, we finished off the work. His old group handed their project in at the end of their term....our class ended the same time, we submitted ours (Again, different classes)....the first quarter of the assignment was pretty much the same. Once again, I fought this with my group. No problem after that.

3rd one - I had finished this bonus exercise for this one class (it was basically just answering 4 or 5 simple questions. My friend copied it (just changed a few things around)....the professor saw it was similar, I didn't really care and didn't bother to fight it.

I had my school pissing in their pants. I wrote this letter which was very strong. I was like "I hold this professor in violation of the academic poliy because he failed to follow yada yada yada".....I mean, there is a process. You can't just turn a student in to the dean without at least trying to resolve the problem yourself. I took any attack on my academic integrity very seriously. These cases forced me to form a group called the "Student Action Committee"....it didn't really get off the ground, not enough people were interested. They only cared about themselves and what got them through.

Carsightings: Well, what you did is now the past. You can certainly remedy this by admitting plagerism, which you did. Good. Youre a young man, and as such, you will make stupid decisions, that is part of growing up. Either you learn from them, or not; lets hope that you do.

Now! Here is what I want you you to do. Work on your photographic skills, study ( dont take ) others work and with that and practice, you'll find it more enjoyable and satisfying. Right? Right.

jayhawk said:
Now! Here is what I want you you to do. Work on your photographic skills, study ( dont take ) others work and with that and practice, you'll find it more enjoyable and satisfying. Right? Right.

We don't know if he actually even owns a camera......

....but if so, this is good advice. And all of us do stupid things at times. It's not so much that you did something bad, but what really matters is whether you learn from your mistake and resolve to be a better person from then on.

jayjaya29 said:
I don't understand his motives for doing something like this....
Immaturity? I dunno, I can't figure it out either.

Viper007Bond said:
jayjaya29 said:

I guess he wanted us to believe that he was some sort of cool photographer. I dunno either.....

jeffy777 said:
Viper007Bond said:
jayjaya29 said:

I guess he wanted us to believe that he was some sort of cool photographer. I dunno either.....

And don't forget - a real hit with the ladeez

I can't work it out either

Why would someone post a picture of a nice car and claim its theirs? No fingers pointed....lol. I'm sure some people lie about what they do, how much they earn, or any number of things (not specifically on this forum of course).

yeah, but to try to win a contest or get a good grade with someone else's work is worse than a "normal" lie.

fbc said:
jeffy777 said:
Viper007Bond said:
jayjaya29 said:

And don't forget - a real hit with the ladeez

I can't work it out either
Guess he lacks something in REAL life ;) Poor guy :(

We can all forgive and we can all move on from it though. Just please don't start posting again cos I had a really hard time keeping up with locking your threads :lol:

Well, my pictures are crappy but at least they?re really mine. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.