HOLY F*CK, SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL MY RIMS!

AxlxA

Car: 2000 Lexus ES300

OMG, i hadn't washed my car in over a month so i decided to be a good boy. Whell first i noticed the back wheel area's splash guard plastic was loose. the two plastic screws that supposedly held it in place were missing. Then I noticed that the body was semi scratched around that area.

THen i went on thinking no big deal, i can just tape it up. THen i went on to wash my shiney chrome rims. As i inserted a towel between the contours, i noticed "hey, it's so easy to wash the nut area. How come" I looked into the holes and OH MY GOD, 3 nuts were missing!!!

THese are some nice rims. Now i can't even really drive with these two nuts because the wheel is not secured. WHAT A F*CKED UP THING!!!!! Pictures to come soon.

http://img417.imageshack.**/img417/7601/img10129ui.jpg
Notice only 2 lug nuts are there!!!! And yes i do have wheel locks!!!

Steal the rims? :? I've heard of wheel covers (right name?) being stolen in Detroit while people were waiting in red lights...

But how would someone steal the rims, I mean leave the car on the ground with no wheels?

dang man, live in a bad part of town?

^Chock it up on bricks. Used to happen at least once a week at my local train station's car park... then they installed security cameras :thumbsup:

That sucks mate, I'm guessing that if they left 2 they may have been interrupted or do you have those special locking nuts that you need the key for??

Yeah, or blocks. They just use a jack to left the car up.

AxlxA: get a safety bolt or whatever that requires a special key or evne a real key. ;)

v0od0o said:
Steal the rims? :? I've heard of wheel covers (right name?) being stolen in Detroit while people were waiting in red lights...

But how would someone steal the rims, I mean leave the car on the ground with no wheels?

Cinder blocks...It has been done. I've seen pictures of car rims being nicked at night and the car left on cinder blocks.

Grrrrr....I hate it when people f*ck with others vehicles.

Mischief007 said:
v0od0o said:

Cinder blocks...It has been done. I've seen pictures of car rims being nicked at night and the car left on cinder blocks.

Happened that way at the car dealer I work at. Someone stole rims off a 2006 Sentra SE-R Spec V. Thief has an...odd taste in wheels, to be sure.

v0od0o said:

Pretty much.

I tried looking for the picture a guy took of an M3 on cinderblocks. He snapped it after he got out of the movie theater, but all i could come up with was this:

cruiserblockd.jpg

AxlxA, best I could tell you is get wheel locks for next time.

^^^ man that would suck so bad. Time to call a cab I guess :(

Here's one I just found on google:

http://img337.imageshack.**/img337/9071/ownedcarwheelsstolen8wr.jpg

Pr#cks! :x Well, at least you've still got the rims, and you're not driving around in a car with missing wheel nuts. As others have said, look into the locking wheels nuts.

When my first car was knicked :)cry:), it was left on blocks after they'd removed the wheels (they weren't anything flash, just stockies). Oh, and after taking what they wanted (i.e anything not bolted down) they then pointlessly smashed every window and jumped all over the bonnet and roof, thus writing the car off :x.

here's the bmw:

http://img367.imageshack.**/img367/6976/bmwtiresstolen005smallest2nf.th.jpg

and another:

http://img93.imageshack.**/img93/8532/nowheels2dm.th.jpg

one more, a VW Toureg:

http://img93.imageshack.**/img93/9859/stolenwheels17fw.th.jpg

jeffy777 said:

I live in a GREAT part of town. Very little theft/robberies here in the Sunset. It's a residential neighborhood. HOuses worth about 900,000USD here.

I guess sometimes thieves strike where they may not be expected....and it would be a good target area for nice rims.

Wheel locks are a must if you have decent wheels.

AxlxA said:
jeffy777 said:

I live in a GREAT part of town. Very little theft/robberies here in the Sunset. It's a residential neighborhood. HOuses worth about 900,000USD here.
Sunset... Safe, your joking right......
How long have you been living there? Expect this to happen in any part of SF, while it has never happen to me personally i knew of a friends car that got pretty well stripped in Noe Valley, and some might say that is a good part of town.
And with SF, all the house these day cost a crap load. I just saw a house on Hunters Point go for $750,000...

lol hunter's point..... gotta wear a bullet proof vest to walk in there for me.

That surely sucks man...at least they didn't get them! When I ordered my rims I was sure to get a set of locking nuts that need the special key, and they are those reverse lug nuts also, so no matter what I need a key to loosen all the bolts. Worst thing I have had was someone jacked my chrome valve stems and caps when I was at work! :lol:

Luckily I live on base, and my father is Security Forces (cop) here. But I've heard of some Airman at the dorms get thier rims knicked. Was a STi that got them taken just last month :cry: