Test Drive Unlimited

I just read that the game was delayed until September :cry:

Well we 360 guys still have Project Gotham Racing 3 but when I look at the pics of this new test Drive, I can?t wait to get my hands on it. :driving:

another Ferrari and I think one of the coolest 8)
image053.jpg

HOLY CRAP !!! :shock: :shock:
They need to stop teasing us and release it allready, haha :D

Has anybody checked that site again? It says: Update: Atari has announced that a demo will be released on monday.

I hope there is one coming for the PC as well. Or is it only for PC? I guess not...

Err i heard that the demo will be avaliable from may 8th..
Thats gonna be for 360 on the market place so i dont know about pc.

-=SLR=- said:
Err i heard that the demo will be avaliable from may 8th..
Thats gonna be for 360 on the market place so i dont know about pc.

Yeah, I heard that earlier today as well. Now I just have to find some way to kill a couple of days. :roll:

a demo for 360, thats nice :thumbsup:

Atari/selectivegamers said:
The demo will be available to download from 8 May until 14 May 2006 as part of Microsoft?s plans to bring gamers closer to the E3 experience and offer of free Xbox Live Gold membership for the week.

You'll be able to take the drivers seat of Ford Shelby GT500, Lotus Exige and Lamborghini Gallardo and check out the online and offline challenges along 40 miles of Oahu?s open roads. You'll also get a beatiful house and get to visit a luxury-laden Lamborghini dealership.

"As a way of letting players find out for themselves what a Massively Open Online Racing game is, the Test Drive Unlimited demo will allow players to set up as many instant challenges as they wish. Players driving along the road can challenge other players to a one-on-one race, define their own start and end points for the race, and power through the lush Hawaiian scenery at break-neck speeds."

Here are the details from Atari themselves. Sounds good.

oh happy day :driving:

Faultier said:
I just read that the game was delayed until September :cry:

Well we 360 guys still have Project Gotham Racing 3 but when I look at the pics of this new test Drive, I can?t wait to get my hands on it. :driving:

another Ferrari and I think one of the coolest 8)
image053.jpg
That is old news to most of us. We still have a demo to play of it, once its out on the 8th May 06 buddy.

I got the demo and its so amazing. Sadly limited to 14 minutes, after that it does a restart.

I just don?t find the Lambo-Dealer :oops:

When driving press right for map and in the middle or straight up from the starting point is the dealer put the crosshairs on it and you should be able to go there...

ah thank,
I?ll go for it :cheers:

Yeah, you can use the map to warp to the locations. That is how I got to the Lambo dealership. It is nice that there are touches like the cars parked out on the forecourt.

I must say that I'm not that impressed. Although I am reserving my judgment as this is nowhere near the final code for the game, so I forgive it to some extent.

Firstly it took forever to download, not so much because of slow speeds, but because Microsoft are yet to implement the ability to download things in the background so I had to sit there for hours watching a progress bar. So I left it and went out to lunch, but it kept going to sleep or something and stopping the download. This meant that when I came back several hours later it had still only done 35% or so. It did this about 5 times, meaning that I had to sit there, touching the controller every 10 minutes, until it finished.

Once I started playing I didn't find the graphics as nice as I had expected. There were still loads of aliasing around the objects and the cars didn't seem to fit together properly. You could see all the jagged edges of the panels, not like PGR3's smooth models. The roads are quite bland and the environment not as pretty as I had expected, but then I suppose they are giving us quantity over quality. There was also significant pop up as you drove around.

The cars also seem to float a bit on the road, rather then giving the feeling that you are driving on them. The handling is difficult to describe, but I just couldn't really get the hang of it.

The dealership is nice and you have a lot of options on the cars, such as wheels, exterior and interior colours, but I again felt let down that the car models didn't look as nice as those shown in the pictures and movies released.

Then there is the fact that the game has locked up on my twice! :x

Don't get me wrong, I still like the game and will get it, as it was one of the reasons I wanted a 360, but I hope that they have a lot more work to do on it before it is ready to be released. I hope they take the time to make the game all it can be and not just slap together something using the MOOR idea and get it out on the shelves.

I am confident that this will be the case as I just a couple of days ago read that it was being delayed again. Which I see as both a bad and good thing.