[08x01] May 7th, 2006

The Chevvy actually looked quite quick in comparison to the Liana. I wasn't surprised Trevor Eve topped the board.

My mum loved the dog so there's an extra viewer...

I could not believe the Stig's crash. Unbelievable. :oops:

Roared with laughter at the car wash on fire.

And James' obsession with the "Deadly Monkeys".

Reboot said:
So who IS the "Well Spoken Man" anyway? Actually someone or an extra hired to be the "Unknown Driver"?

James Hewitt. Don't know what he's famous for, something to do with Princess Diana I think.

It is not vuk release and it is VERY slow

James Hewitt - aka prince harry's dad.

Was a good show, Thank god the micra review didn't mention sunderland - there's fuckin loads of those things round here.

Koenigsegg review - was a LOT like hammonds review of the Zonda F. especcially the drive pasts of the camera at that taxiway. none of the classic top gear shots - and no powersliding :'(

Civic review good - also noticed vader's theme popping up there - also thought (although I'm not sure) I heard battle of the heroes from Ep III playing in the CCX review - maybe they've picked up a copy of that soundtrack.

Why did they have the Eos in the studio, and not mention it during the news?

And did I see paddy hopkirk's mini in the studio?

Oh yeah, could we have a rate episode poll - out of five for these threads - it's just it's a little hard to judge the overall opinion on each episode after the first couple of pages where everyone starts talkin and discussing the little points.

I think The Chevvy is about the same price as the Liana and that may be why they choose it. Perhaps it was thought to be more robust, well as we saw it probably is not actually.

The Koenigseggggg: I think that it has a touch of the Ferrari 250 GT Le Mans of the 60's about it, probably to do with the roof line. Loved the spin out, let us hope they do put the wing on it and let The Stig have another go at a lap.

Very good start to the season, lets hope they keep it up, and from the sneak peak at the beginning looks like they will.

Awesome episode, that bit with the well spoken guy was funny, loved that Espace bit, the CCX accident, jeez!.. loved it all. Only the studio shots seemed a bit less cosy than the previous seasons. The studio seems massive, the sound was echoing and they looked a bit nervous (maybe it was the dog ;) ). Bring back the dark black backgrounds and the slightly smaller audience.. it's getting too big I'm thinking.
Minor crit in an otherwise excellent kick-off! (damn, why did I have to bring in the damn soccer terminology... I'm still recovering from the fact that the World Cup will block our beloved TG!)

Stop using this thread for Warez talk! IDIOTS!

anyway..

Love the episode..
and Koenigsegg does offer a Rear wing as an potion.. but it creates to mutch drag so they cant garrante a Propper Top speed when you have it..
and they wanted a test of the stock version ..
PS: the CCR that did the Ring didnt have a rear wing
But it was bloddy cool to se the Stig Crash.. :D
(look here .. a Red CCR with the Wing)
facility2_nov05.jpg

and i love the dog..
but i hope there is a propper Real down to earth road test of some car next week
The Civic review was a bit short

According to the Stig the CCX could be 4 second faster around the track with this wing :shock: :shock:

I just remembered this: the Eco-Electric car test(with a politician though don't kno who the hell he is) on the TG track , the funniest of that was Jezza commenting the video. :lol:

Oooooo, downloading now!! I have to wait like, 9 hours :/

EDIT: Where did all the seeders go... :x

Kebab gud said:
Stop using this thread for Warez talk! IDIOTS!
Yeah, for those who don't know - This thread is purely for episode discussion. Don't be caught posting regarding download speeds or anything other than episode discussion. If you do break the rules as of this point, your post will be deleted.

Yeah I agree we need a bit more proper car reviews on here, though much of the charm of Top Gear is that they get to drive the cars almost nobody else gets to drive.. and letting us get a taste of what it's like (I can read about the new Peugeot 207 in Autoweek or something).

what a terrific episode! I have been laughing all the time since they started with the Pink Panther theme and no car to be seen

Richard with a bag on the head like "Ugly Bob" in Southpark was hilarious

the back of the Renault Espace just whent they "folded" the top looked like someone used it as a skip :)

felt totally worried for the Stig because how can you stop a car on the grass? on a proper racing track you have barriers... not here on TG!

Stig must have titanium balls :thumbsup:

now... I know we all saw the fire at the car wash but bear with me for a second

it was night, and the washing brushes should just take off the whole top and throw it aside

put some smoke and a few pyrotechnics... (they are good at that in TG, remember?) and voila'... all done with mirrors

nevertheless a very very good episode especially the political references to the Labour politicians...

TG forever! :D

AM

triumph said:
I just remembered this: the Eco-Electric car test(with a politician though don't kno who the hell he is) on the TG track , the funniest of that was Jezza commenting the video. :lol:

David Cameron...leader of the Tory / Conservative party in the UK.

... forgot the music of "Six million dollar man" when pushing the Espace at 100 mph :)

pure genius :lol:

I believe Brian Klein should make a whole Top Gear movie with Clarkson launching a missile on the caravan of Mrs Beckett :woot:

AM

Fab episode. Hammond driving the Micra with a bag on his head. Priceless !
And another thing. Is it me or might the new reasonably priced car a bit too powerful ? Almost every lap ended in a (near) catastrophe.

And this episode proved what I always suspected. Clarkson is no good with tools at all. I bet his wife leaves the house the moment he starts picking them up.

PS: the CCR that did the Ring didnt have a rear wing

In pics from ring it had rear wing.

I'm suprised if those were stock tyres, I believed that new carbon fibre where regular in CCX.

Well anyway good laptime from car that is over 400km/h capable. I wonder how many gears it needed even to use on that topgear field.