What sets you off when other people ride in your car?

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
I was thinking, what pisses you of the most about other people when they ride in your baby?

My biggest one is when people start screwing with the radio

The other would be when they just crack the window... roll the fucker down or leave it alone!

When other people are in my car, they usually aren't that bored that they fiddle with the radio or the window.
They might franticly try to grab something to hold on to though. :lol: (j/k)

When they get out and close the door using the window - putting strain on the glass and fingerprints all over the otherwise clean glass :x. Oh, and when they feel like they have to slam the door to close it - ffs, it's not a bank vault.

I usually don't mind much when I am driving, as long as they don't distract me too much. I don't mind passengers touching the radio or what, as long as they don't impede me from driving safely, I don't care.

nothing really bothers me, especially since I don't have any back seats in my current car. I just ask people not to smoke or drink colored liquids unless we're stopped, because there's a good chance the car will pitch sideways and said drink will be ripped from thier hands in a fury of G-force. :D

come to think of it, not a lot really bothers me at all, like ever. huh.

fbc said:
When they get out and close the door using the window - putting strain on the glass and fingerprints all over the otherwise clean glass :x. Oh, and when they feel like they have to slam the door to close it - ffs, it's not a bank vault.

I hate that as well... when people ride in my dads Lexus, because it has a frameless window, if they slam it with the window. 1, because its frameless, you might push the glass out of shape 2. FINGERPRINTS!!!!

What pisses me off most about riding with some of my friends is when they start to rag on me for being an Asian driver. "OH MAN YOU'RE SUCH A BAD DRIVER YOU'RE ASIAN LOLOLOL ASIANS CAN'T DRIVE YOU SUCK MAN YOU'RE A BAD DRIVER..."

They're kidding, and they're a bunch of great guys. But seriously, it's freaking old. Oh sure, I ran my friend's foot over because I didn't see him getting in the back, but does he need to remind me of this for the next 10 minutes while we go to Wendy's? (He's fine by the way.)

BlaRo said:
What pisses me off most about riding with some of my friends is when they start to rag on me for being an Asian driver. "OH MAN YOU'RE SUCH A BAD DRIVER YOU'RE ASIAN LOLOLOL ASIANS CAN'T DRIVE YOU SUCK MAN YOU'RE A BAD DRIVER..."

They're kidding, and they're a bunch of great guys. But seriously, it's freaking old. Oh sure, I ran my friend's foot over because I didn't see him getting in the back, but does he need to remind me of this for the next 10 minutes while we go to Wendy's? (He's fine by the way.)

Goddamn I hate this damn stereotype as well (I'm Chinese). I don't know any bad Asian drivers. We're like Italians, we drive like we're racecar drivers. We're crazy on the road, but we're not bad drivers.

I know several VERY bad Asian drivers... but I know a lot more bad American Caucasian ones! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back seat drivers. They shit me.

I also hate people not cleaning up after themselves in my car, people slamming doors, people changing the radio (unless they ask)...

That's it.

The secret is to not let people in your car ;). I rarely have passengers. Usually they have to hang on to something ;). Yes, you can have fun in an Alero.

When people get into the car, they might be careless and allow their shoes to knock parts of the interior like the footwell and door and they leave awefull scuff marks on the leather parts. It just annoys me because I'm the one who on hands & knee's cleaning it up with water and a rag on the next Sunday, as I do.

Also backseat drivers like my dad <_< Guess its his car though...

BlaRo said:
:lmao: LOL!! Must be hard having to contend with that :mrgreen:

I hate it when people grab the "Oh Shit!" handle for no reason.

Mostly I just hate the extra weight.

1. When someone opens a window, but more than that, when someone doesn't close it properly after them. Yesterday i was in my car and only realized one of the back windows was open a tiny crack because i was doing 120mph. Learn to put it back the way you goddamn found it

2.Friends taking a cigarette/joint out, lighting their lighter, then saying "is it ok if i smoke in here?". How about you ask that first, and how about you cut out the grunting noises when i say no.

3. When they don't clean up after themselves. I mean leaving bottles/cans/packets lying in the footwells. You wouldn't do it in someones house, don't do it in someones car.

4. Backseat drivers. I thought when i passed my test that my dad would be the worst but amazingly he just shuts up when im driving. It's a couple of my friends that give constant "yeah you shouldn't do that" "yeah not like that" "you should have turned at the next junction it would be quicker" or even, in an empty car park that can take 500 cars, us the only car, i park crossing a line and they say "haha, nice parking look at it!". Now i park across 3 disabled spots just so i can tell them to go fuck themselves.

5. If it's a long journey, not chipping in for petrol money, or even if we park at a metered carpark and say have to pay ?4 for a few hours, not offering to pay it. I ALWAYS insist i pay at least my part when someone else has carried my ass for a long journey. Actually it's only the non-car-enthusiast friends that do this. My 'car friends' are fine probably because the same thing pisses them off.

6. I don't mind people changing the radio or anything, what i don't like is when they never let a song finish. They choose a song then change within a minute then change within a minute etc. etc (I have my MP3 player with about 12,000 songs hooked up to the stereo). It does my fucking head in. Decide what you goddanm want to listen to and leave it.

7. When someone doesn't want to wear their seatbelt. I say, "Put it on" and they say "ah but i'm legally responsible you dont have to worry". I didn't as for your legal standing on it dipshit, i told you to put that shit on. You ride in my car you follow my rules. If you don't want to wear a seatbel you can walk or take the bus.

You get the idea.

Backseat drivers get my vote any day.

OK, most of my hates have already been covered, fiddling with the music, backseat drivers, and as No Boss said, the extra weight isn't much fun. ;)

But here's a few more:

When people leave something like a waterbottle on the floor, and it's just rolling around all over the place.

People who leave rubbish in the car.

People who (consistently) expect you to give them a lift, or drop them right at their door, even if it's waaaay out of the way for you.

That's all I can come up with for now.

GraemeH said:
1. When someone opens a window, but more than that, when someone doesn't close it properly after them. Yesterday i was in my car and only realized one of the back windows was open a tiny crack because i was doing 120mph. Learn to put it back the way you goddamn found it

Does my head in too (not really a problem in the MR2 though)

7. When someone doesn't want to wear their seatbelt. I say, "Put it on" and they say "ah but i'm legally responsible you dont have to worry". I didn't as for your legal standing on it dipshit, i told you to put that shit on. You ride in my car you follow my rules. If you don't want to wear a seatbel you can walk or take the bus.

Next time tell them it's for your safety - so if someone plows into you your unbelted macho mate doesn't become an 80kg missile headed your way.

I guess there are a couple things that bother me:

1: when someone farts and doesn't open the window

2: when I get cut off or just encounter a rude driver and my passenger takes the liberty to shout obscenities and give them the finger, I rarely give a shit about rude drivers unless they slow me down, in which case I just pass them. It's more of a problem to sit there and be angry at them for the next 5 miles than it is to just let it go. If my car is fine and nobody got hurt I could give a shit.

Finger prints on the windows
Slamming the door
Slamming the boot lid
Taking shoes off and putting feet on the dash (actually happened, I really wanted a switch to deploy the airbag for that one)
Leaving trash or making a mess
Shoe scuffs on the door
Tracking excess mud or snow inside
Leaning equipment/gear against the paintwork
Placing items on the roof, bonnet or boot lid
Complaining about my music
Complaining about me making you wear a seatbelt

Calling me Obsessive Compulsive or "Anal" because my car is clean

And my all time favorite, when I was driving my 1976 Volvo 245 DL, I gave my uncle a ride back from returning a rental truck.
Uncle: This car is just like I remember it. It's loud, it's uncomfortable, it's got crappy accelleration, it's got crappy handeling-
Me: IT'S TAKING YOU HOME!

Again in the same car, while giving a girl a lift home - I was hoping for a date (note, my car was posessed, like a cross between Herbie and Christine):
Pulled up to a stoplight after 3 blocks of the girl ragging on my car. As we pull up the engine starts to misfire, nothing bad, but I can feel it. The whole time the girl is going on about how crappy my beautiful car is. Finally the car just dies, right there at the light. The girl, of course, seized on this and continued on. I cranked over the motor but it would not fire, finally I stop and turn to my passenger.
"You need to appologize, you don't bad mouth a man's car"
"You're right, I'm sorry"
"Why are you talking to me?" *points at the dash*
"Oh you have to be kidding"
"She's sensitive and won't start unless you appologize" *cranks engine again*
"Ok, fine, I'm sorry."
"Like you mean it." *cranks engine*
"I'm sorry, you're a good car, a classy car, a collecters car in the making"
"Now give her a pat on the dash, right there over the clock, she likes that"

At this point I start to crank the engine, the girl pats the dash, the motor fires, light goes green and we pull away with no more missfires. I never did go out with her, but just as well.