New Top Gear Site @ BBC.co.uk

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
It was pointed out here and I didn't see a thread on it (did I miss it?), so thought I'd make a new thread just for it.

Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/. There's an all new site there, including what looks to be a stream of the entire episode! However, it's for UK residents only for obvious legal resons, so I can't view it to see the quality.

Lots of new clips and other stuff too it looks like. :)

Well done, webmaster-dude! :D

Totally awesome look! Love the dark turquois-y colour scheme, same for the wallpaper. Looks stylish! And the Veyron clip is on there! Woop! I don't have to send the 350mb clip through messenger for my mates if they want to watch (yes, half of them have no idea what "torrent" is... or "eMule" for that matter; I think they think it is some kind of donkey?!)

Re: New Top Gear Site @ BBC.co.uk

Viper007Bond said:
Well done, webmaster-dude! :D

yeah, looks good :thumbup:

Much better than the old site which wasn't much use to me I found. Just a shame you can't watch 'last weeks episode' if your outside the UK.

Yeah - the new site is much improved and very nice! :thumbsup:
As for the videos, they're not bad actually. I sat and watched the ?100 car challenges (the one where they had to crash them into a wall at 30mph) streamed from the new site. I watched it in fullscreen, and actually it wasn't bad. Obviously not as good as other sources I may have (ahem) but pretty good for web streamed video. Just a shame it's realplayer...

I think TG and the beeb must've clocked on to how popular TG torrent downloads are getting and decided they need to do something about it.

Also I think recently the BBC have really pushed forward the whole idea of being able to stream and watch programs from their site, so this could be the future for all BBC programming :)