[09x02] April 17th, 2006

teeb said:
fbc said:
teeb said:
After all, I just take it to a carwash...

Eek! Do you not care about the paintwork at all? :p

I might if I owned something worthwhile, but a 7 year old Seat Alhambra is not worthy of a 9 stage car washing by hand, and massage, complete with $5,000 of edible wax. :p

Well, no, but it's still worthy of a little care - hell my car's 19 years old and worth AUD5,000, but I still try and take good care of it.

fbc said:
teeb said:
fbc said:
teeb said:

I might if I owned something worthwhile, but a 7 year old Seat Alhambra is not worthy of a 9 stage car washing by hand, and massage, complete with $5,000 of edible wax. :p

Well, no, but it's still worthy of a little care - hell my car's 19 years old and worth AUD5,000, but I still try and take good care of it.

Yes, and carwash > leaving it to rust.

With the amount of rain / snow / grit on the roads, it's not worth putting hours of hand washing every day in Scotland. Besides, I spend long enough cleaning the inside...

teeb said:
fbc said:
teeb said:
fbc said:
teeb said:

Yes, and carwash > leaving it to rust.

With the amount of rain / snow / grit on the roads, it's not worth putting hours of hand washing every day in Scotland. Besides, I spend long enough cleaning the inside...

Ahh you're in Scotland - now I understand.

[quote ="Shawn_230"]
P.S. Someone tell Tiff that the new Merc SUV coming out is the GL-Class and not the G-Class... he should know better. :roll:[/quote]

guess what,
the GL class exists, just saw the brochure at the dealer's and one in downtown San Francisco :thumbsup:

sgb33f said:
[quote ="Shawn_230"]
P.S. Someone tell Tiff that the new Merc SUV coming out is the GL-Class and not the G-Class... he should know better. :roll:

guess what,
the GL class exists, just saw the brochure at the dealer's and one in downtown San Francisco :thumbsup:[/quote]

that is what he is saying. the GL, not the G, is the new MB SUV

The all mighty G-Class will exist til 2010, even if its more limited production than ever. Just in case you were interested ;)

chaos386 said:
[
Oh and justvisiting, he's not using a "refrigerated filtering water system." It's just a power-washer with a heater (35 degrees Celcius).

:thumbsup:

LOL i completely forgot about that.. strange.. how despite the fact that i never use the F scale in school, that I still think of it.. should have realized.. warm water makes for better washing..

justvisiting said:
sorry for our lack of knowledge.. and yes scratching with towel is very very possible.. If you are working on an exotic like he is.. minimizing anykind of rubbing (towels) is a plus.. Try turning your detailing lights on your panels and then run it over (clean surface) with a waffle weave.. it will still create scratches, which I know he will take out, but one should always avoid overpolishing. And yes expensive equipment like the 3000 pound paint thickness meter to make sure he doesnt overpolish. Or the refrigerated filtering water system.. He also hits all the top of the line detailing supplies even though you can have similar results with the midway products.

I wonder if Jason's car required dd clutching? Also was it just me or did TIff look ridiculously old and bent over driving the replica lotus.. lol..

you can make an evo as fast as a lambo....but I would still rather have a lambo. Same goes for wax, if you got the dough, why not get the goods?

eventually I saw it too
Best part : the Oldtimer replicas race , I love the Westfield/lotus!!
I thought that Tiff was actually having more fun at driving the lotus than plato was with his porsche

www.miracledetail.co.uk

If you're interested. Sounds pretentious to me. And clearly the type of person that buys his services are the type that like to be baffled by BS. :lol:

triumph said:
eventually I saw it too
Best part : the Oldtimer replicas race , I love the Westfield/lotus!!
I thought that Tiff was actually having more fun at driving the lotus than plato was with his porsche

maybe, but whats with all you europeans hating on the germans and all their cars?

tiff obviously had loved the lotus for a long time, weras jason was just along for the ride, actually to be honest i dont know if ive ever seen jason seem that excited, even in the F430 or the Pagani Zonda F

Hello guys :)

I need your help on finding this song that played during this episode. It's a "instumental" country song that starts playing at 5min50sec into the episode, when they review about the new Audi starts.

Could you help me find the name of the song?
And how would i go about getting it?

Thanks guys much appriciated.

kenezzite said:
Hello guys :)

I need your help on finding this song that played during this episode. It's a "instumental" country song that starts playing at 5min50sec into the episode, when they review about the new Audi starts.

Could you help me find the name of the song?
And how would i go about getting it?

Thanks guys much appriciated.

You want this thread - though there's not much going on it so far...

I can;t check as I saw the episode on tv last week but I'm pretty sure the crash test being between two similar price vehicles is rubbish. The espace is probably worth way more than a disco of that age. It was the most biased rubbish I've seen in ages. I hate the anti suv crowd.

I bought a blue STi Forester early this year- so it was way cool to see one on Fifth Gear. I've had a lot of cars- most of them completely crap- but the forester is just wicked to drive, sends my pulse racing every time I take it out (so does the car haha).

did anyone notice the plastic housing for the headlights of the MC12 missing when the dude was washing it?(15:41)

wonder why's that

sgb33f said:
did anyone notice the plastic housing for the headlights of the MC12 missing when the dude was washing it?(15:41)

wonder why's that
Uhhh... Well, there's a simple explanation for that.

The westfield/lotus race was nice. Jason even put on those old fashion caps instead of wearing a helmet- haha.