[08x01] May 7th, 2006

Jeez... 13 pages of posts...

My opinion of the first episode of the new series?

Very Good. I really like the new RPC setup. I think it's funny that they have a Chevrolet now, what with the less then positive view of American cars. Too bad the Deawoo-thing isn't sold in America. lol I think the new setup for timing the laps is great too. No more best out of 5 lap nonsense. This new way adds more pressure and is sure to make for good TV later on.

TomCat said:
Jeez... 13 pages of posts...

My opinion of the first episode of the new series?

Very Good. I really like the new RPC setup. I think it's funny that they have a Chevrolet now, what with the less then positive view of American cars. Too bad the Deawoo-thing isn't sold in America. lol I think the new setup for timing the laps is great too. No more best out of 5 lap nonsense. This new way adds more pressure and is sure to make for good TV later on.

The Daewoolet is sold in America. You can find it at a Suzuki dealership calling itself the Forenza.

Every time I watch Top Gear (post 2002 format), I notice how much better the production of the show is. My Kudos to the writers, producers, editors and all the guys who put the soundtrack behind all the segments. Anybody got any idea how much is their budget for each episode?

Regarding the episode itself, it was a good one with quite a number of funny bits. My only beef is that since the program is so heavily scripted, I really can't decide what it real and what is staged. For example, you could see that they put fruit on top roof to encourage the monkey to go up on the car. Why not put some juicy steaks to entice the lions as well? Plus the Car Wash segment was also not believable. Do you really think that if your Million Pound Carwash was on fire, you would let a TV camera crew film it while you do nothing about it. I know that TG is an entertainment show but if you script everything, then it takes away all the spontaneity and rawness of the program.

Enjoyed the show. It had some good laughs in it.

This show has changed my mind about the CCX. I never really liked it before but after hearing it and seeing it breathing fire I like it now.

SR71 said:
Anybody got any idea how much is their budget for each episode?

I've just been watching the last ep of season 3 when they ran out of money and did a whole show for 47p :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to agree about the production. I make a point of noticing how good it is every time I watch the show - there are some seriously skilled people behind it.

I have just seen the episode and read some replies in the forum... My opinion : I don't believe the roadtest of the Micra C+C is short...cmon the car is rubbish. It got the time it deserved.
The making of Espace Cabriolet was truly funny!!!!!
The road test of the Civic was pretty good (but i can't wait for the Type R version!!!)
And what can i say about the CCX...Raw...Vicious POWER. A rear spoiler would make things easier on the road and in the track and i am looking forward to driving the thing again with the spoiler on.
Oh and i read something about the colour og the CCX. It really does NOT matter what colour it is. Anyway it is brutal!

Enjoyed the show. (as usual!)

I LOVE the Espace Cabriolet part.. :lol: :lol:
and other than that.. i thought the new theme was really good!

Maybe they were not relaxed because it?s the start of the season...who knows

fbc said:
No Boss said:
fbc said:
Prophet Of Noise said:
oliB said:
Doubt it.
Yes, I didn't express it as i should. Koenigsegg is engineered to be a better supercar IMHO, while the Veyron was meant to be a motorsport revolution.

Veyron? Motorsport?? You're kidding aren't you?

Motorsport had nothing whatsoever to do with Veyron's existence

Yeah!....

Well everything except for the name Bugatti... And the name Veyron... And all the testing at motorsport tracks... And company who helped build the gearbox...

But Yeah! not a damn thing to do with motorsport!

Veyron still has no relevance to motorsport - if it was being developed with a motorsport future in mind, or was a test-bed for motorsport products then sure. But just because the company has a motorsport heritage and motorsport companies were involved in it, does not mean the vehicle itself has anything to do with or related to motorsport. Hell Lotus do development work for plenty of companies and I'm sure those prototypes are run on race tracks - does that mean those shiny new cars are in some way motorsport-related? Of course not.

Ugh... I keep forgetting people can't detect sarcasm on the internet.

Yes the Top Gear production team is one in a million. It's fabulous. I love the cinematography of the car videos. And I love the blue effect they give in their videos and the black surrounding. That dark cosseted gloomy cold feeling you get, depicts the weather of England quite well. Superb soundtrack aswell.

I really want to see that same production team come up with a movie. Like a movie in the theatres/cinemas. It would be best.

Vambeer said:
I have just seen the episode and read some replies in the forum... My opinion : I don't believe the roadtest of the Micra C+C is short...cmon the car is rubbish. It got the time it deserved.

It's not that I want to see more of the car...it's that I want to see more of Richard Hammond go the colour of a tomato by having to drive about the town he shops in in it. Preferrably involving parking and buying things, then driving off again.

Seriously, I was giggling all the way through that entire segment, and I could easily have giggled for another 2 minutes. Then again, the 3 glasses of white wine beforehand probably helped...

Re: anyone?

Re: anyone?

Saracen said:
mizofatso said:
1-jermy was saying if it was tuned to run of bionic ful it will produce 950 bhp .What's bionic fuel?

1)Bio fuel...probably means something like E85, which is an 85/15 ethanol-gas mix.

Bio-ethanol is ethanol produced from vegetable oil, as Biodiesel is produced from vegetable oil too. As I have done an individual project research in my university on Biodiesel and a biodiesel production plant, I can say that bio-fuel is the future of motorsport. Better performance, 98% cleaner emissions, closed carbon cycle, and the European Union has published Directives that by 2010 every country-member's fuel on the market had to be 5.75% biofuel (biodiesel & bioethanol). Biodiesel can be used unblended on diesel engines without any modifications but, as Jeremiah pointed out, to use 100% pure bioethanol on a car it needs modification. And on with the on-topic stuff. :p

No Boss said:
fbc said:
No Boss said:
fbc said:
Prophet Of Noise said:
oliB said:
Doubt it.
Yes, I didn't express it as i should. Koenigsegg is engineered to be a better supercar IMHO, while the Veyron was meant to be a motorsport revolution.

Veyron? Motorsport?? You're kidding aren't you?

Motorsport had nothing whatsoever to do with Veyron's existence

Yeah!....

Well everything except for the name Bugatti... And the name Veyron... And all the testing at motorsport tracks... And company who helped build the gearbox...

But Yeah! not a damn thing to do with motorsport!

Veyron still has no relevance to motorsport - if it was being developed with a motorsport future in mind, or was a test-bed for motorsport products then sure. But just because the company has a motorsport heritage and motorsport companies were involved in it, does not mean the vehicle itself has anything to do with or related to motorsport. Hell Lotus do development work for plenty of companies and I'm sure those prototypes are run on race tracks - does that mean those shiny new cars are in some way motorsport-related? Of course not.

Ugh... I keep forgetting people can't detect sarcasm on the internet.

:lol: Well, it was very good sarcasm (and I'm not the best at picking up on it online...)

zenkidori said:
i'm pretty sure he got your sarcasm, and that's what spurred his reply.

If only :blush:

Redliner said:
Maybe they were not relaxed because it?s the start of the season...who knows

Relax guys.....you had me at Hello.

Plus the Car Wash segment was also not believable. Do you really think that if your Million Pound Carwash was on fire, you would let a TV camera crew film it while you do nothing about it.

Looked automated. If it was and if UK ones are like US ones, no person there to watch the system. Its very beleiveable that the brand new station still had kinks that had to be worked out.