• Jag XK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merc SL

• Merc SL AMG

• Total voters

Xeon SX

I much more like the styling of SL, many say XK is a good looking car and yet I dont agree :x What would u say?

note: consider SL AMG only if you think XK is better than normal SL.

Even with the SL AMG in on the party, I'd still rather have the XK. It's just bloody gorgeous, nice engine noise, the interior looks nice too. But it'd have to be the coup?, the cloth roof doesn't do it justice.

Tough one. Jag XK is very nice in many respects but if I owned one, I'd feel like I'm a 100-years old in that dainty Jag interior. Very nice yes, but definatly not my style.

The Merc, as common as it is so many years after its release, is still one of the best styled cars out there and I would feel more comfortable in it as it would be more practical on a day to day basis.It also just has that status that I desire out of something of that price.

But in the SL, I wouldn't settle for the 3.5L V6. I'd have to go for the new 388BHP V8 and that just pushes the price out of the league of the Jag.

So I'd have neither car. But I voted SL anyway :mrgreen:

Moved to Gen Auto as its not directly TG related...

No brainer for me - XK all the way.

watto said:
Even with the SL AMG in on the party, I'd still rather have the XK. It's just bloody gorgeous, nice engine noise, the interior looks nice too. But it'd have to be the coup?, the cloth roof doesn't do it justice.

^ What he said

Why would you go for the little SL350 when you can go for a car that moves like the sl55 AMG or sl65 AMG :) :burnrubber:

STi Nut said:
Why would you go for the little SL350 when you can go for a car that moves like the sl55 AMG or sl65 AMG :) :burnrubber:
Price for one ;) We're looking at the bottom of the top end of luxury/performance roadsters, so its not that easy to make a jump to an AMG like that. I'm not quite sure why this poll even has an AMG option....

Well, here I wanted to see what people think about the style, not the price of performance. AMG is here because it makes all mercs better looking.

watto said:

erm.. sorry what engine noise?? the Jauguar XK sounds like a bloody family car, its too tamed. but i have to say that the interior of the XK does put the merc to shame.

this is actually quite a tough choice, because normally i would choose a XK over the SL merc anyday, simply because the XK is alot more exclusive, has a better interior than the SL and it has a better gearbox as well. But.... when it comes down to the option of AMG, brute power is definetely gonna win my heart : ) which is why my vote goes to the might SL AMG (gimmie the SL 65 AMG!!!)

The SL is stylish and you just cannot match it's coupe / convertibleness. Even if I had to settle for the SL350 I'd still much prefer it.

The interior of the Jag actually looks like a jag, but the exterior? There's that one bit over the rear wheel, sorta rear 1/3 of the car that looks like a jag / aston. But the rest of the car LOOKS LIKE A FORD!!! I've said it a million times already but it JUST DOES. It does not look good, not for that money.

merc SL, i don't like jaguar...

...at all, they don't have 1 cool car

I pick Jag just because in my area you don't see as many as the mercs. Also I just feel like being a nice guy and helping Jag to get into the black.

/every little bit helps.

Is there an option to wait for the XKR?

MadCow809 said:
watto said:

erm.. sorry what engine noise?? the Jauguar XK sounds like a bloody family car, its too tamed. but i have to say that the interior of the XK does put the merc to shame.

Oh, gee, I dunno, maybe that engine noise you hear when Jezza is testing it?? And sounds like a family car? You are kidding aren't you?