So the Stig is definitely not a F1 driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

well

Well, they put his time on the general Lap Times chart, which means surely he is not a former or current F1 driver? :?

Gotta love the way the Stig behaves in the studio tho, do you think his early leave upon hearing "forty four..." got Jeremy by surprise? Or is it staged? :roll:

All in all the stig is a cool guy. :thumbsup:

Re: So the Stig is definitely not a F1 driver...

well said:
Well, they put his time on the general Lap Times chart, which means surely he is not a former or current F1 driver? :?

Of course they didn't, because that's exactly what you'd expect them to do....

Welcome.

No Boss said:
well said:

Welcome.

Yeah, that doesn't solve any questions about the Stig's identity. By putting him on the F1 board, they would have given the information that he has F1 experience, limiting down the 6 billion possible people it could be, to a group of at most 1000.

btw, him leaving was staged

Plus, those F1 drivers are SLOW! :lol:

Dins said:
Of course it was. The whole show is pretty much staged/scripted. ;)

You can only go so fast in that car. I doubt anyone could have gone much faster.

very true, that car go slow compared to other cars, so when you screw up you dont loose as much time as you would if you were in a faster car. I think the stig is awsome kicked everyone elses arse by heaps.

If you put the stig, f1 drivers, a few other people with other various times the stig would totaly totoaly totaly beat there times and you would expect that considering how many laps he would of done.

He beat the black stig time as well by heaps but once again white stig has alot more practice, black stig woudlnt of done alot of laps when he did his time.

well said:

Gotta love the way the Stig behaves in the studio tho, do you think his early leave upon hearing "forty four..." got Jeremy by surprise? Or is it staged? :roll:

All in all the stig is a cool guy. :thumbsup:

An F1 driver would have to get extra special permission to drive on the track away from F1. This pretty much rules out the current F1 driver.

The time was a fix, Mansell was a lot smoother around the track. smoother=faster.
looking at it I doubt if Stiggy came anywhere near the F1 drivers times, he was wide and out of shape through the Hammerhead and Gambon probably losing 2 seconds.
Why would they do it? Well it wouldn't be very good if their "Tame Racing Driver" couldn't go fastest around the track.

SkylineFreak said:
The time was a fix, Mansell was a lot smoother around the track. smoother=faster.
looking at it I doubt if Stiggy came anywhere near the F1 drivers times, he was wide and out of shape through the Hammerhead and Gambon probably losing 2 seconds.
Why would they do it? Well it wouldn't be very good if their "Tame Racing Driver" couldn't go fastest around the track.

Suspect that as well - Stig really run off wide on some parts of the track.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Good to see more armchair racing drivers voicing their opinion.

Very true. I have no trouble believing Stiggie's time - after all he's done countless laps around the place.

Indeed, he really does know every line, he instructed the star each week in the Liana and drives each of them on several "demo" laps.

I'm sure armchair racing drivers will all know, with practice comes speed.

No Boss said:
well said:

Welcome.

Yes I guess so, so Stiggy's identity still remains a mystery. 8)

Have been lurking for several months, hopefully I will average at least one post per day in my forum career. :mrgreen:

Viper007Bond said:
Plus, those F1 drivers are SLOW! :lol:

Dins said:
Of course it was. The whole show is pretty much staged/scripted. ;)

You know sometimes the way they interact with the crowd doesn't seem staged at all, and Jeremy's speech seems quite improvisational. Or maybe they are just damn good actors after all. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.