What's the story behind "2-4-6-8 James May"?

dcn

Car(s)
'87 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR-5 Wagon, er Estate.
First, I did search the forum, so please don't shoot me.. *zips up Nomex flight suit anyway, just in case*

I've seen it in sigs, and heard the mp3/watched the show. The only thing I've been able to find on here that mentions it says it's the sweetest ringtone ever, but that's it.

What's the reason for it? Is it just one of the things that Richard made up for the radio show they hosted at BBC Radio or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance,

D

Ahh, I see. Thanks for replying.

I liked JC's tune. Put to the "Yankee Doodle" music (which is probably a different song in Europe.... us septics just steal all your stuff and say it's ours.).

Anyone know if they played Hammonds tune?

btw, anyone got the full radio show in an audio file? :)

dcn said:

where do you live in hali?

Does anyone have the individual themes for the presenters in mp3 files?

There was a jingle what wasn't the driving in my car one, or the 2-4-6-8James May one... I had it stuck in my head for a day (I think its on that 23 minute mp3...) if anyone finds a copy, please share!!!

I also would love it if someone had or could point me to the 3 jingles, as I have not been able to find them and its killing me listening to everyone rave on about how funny they are

Clayton Park, just outside the city. Near Bedford, you familiar with the area?

D

Dins said:
dcn said:

where do you live in hali?

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I've spoken to the SCR radio team, and they are going to send me a copy of the whole show. Which I'll then be putting on the site.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I've spoken to the SCR radio team, and they are going to send me a copy of the whole show. Which I'll then be putting on the site.

I'm surprised they're speaking to anyone from Top Gear. The look of horror on their faces :lol: