[09x06] May 15th, 2006

Kebab gud said:
Jasruler said:
It makes me want to move to Europe. :p
so you WANT too move to Northen Ireland? ..
crazy....

Hmmm... maybe I'll just import some of their women instead. :|

Jasruler said:
So were all their accents Irish? Nadine sounded adorable in her recap of the driving.
I think Nadine, Cherly, and Nicola are Irish from their voices, the other two are English.

from Wikipedia
Nadine Coyle - Northern Ireland
Cheryl Tweedy - Newcastle-upon-Tyne (England mainland)
Nicola Roberts - Stamford (England mainland)
Kimberley Walsh - West Yorkshire (England mainland)
Sarah Harding - Berkshire (England mainland)

Alright episode !
Just too short of Tim for a pitty :/
But those chicks really made me laugh, especialy when they were driven on the fast lap as a passengers.

Also I've always wondered if it's a real oportunity to win a car every week ? I mean do they really have that big budget so they can give ~ 20 k every week ... And why the questions are so easy ?

sergo said:
Alright episode !
But those chicks really made me laugh, especialy when they were driven on the fast lap as a passengers.

Also I've always wondered if it's a real oportunity to win a car every week ? I mean do they really have that big budget so they can give ~ 20 k every week ... And why the questions are so easy ?
questions are easy because more people will call in. The more people call in the more money they get from the calls.

kekekeke said:
sergo said:
Alright episode !

questions are easy because more people will call in. The more people call in the more money they get from the calls.

I thought it was because UK laws worked so that if there was a contest its legal to give something away, but not by random drawing, so the questions are just to get through a legal loophole.

omg, girls aloud OWNZ!!! I like the red hair one. everyone is hot. that's all i care about!!!

Overall good ep. M6 vs M5 a little boring - the outcome was predictable.

Maserati QP, Porsche 997 S, Ferrari 355. Sweet cars.

Hmm.... Does it rain as much in Ireland, as it does in England? :)

I was watch it again, go to 8:04, as he stumbles over his words it sounds as if Jason says "Fast team, slut team?"

Any one else hear this?

Made In the USA said:
"Fast team, slut team?"

Yea, that is what he says... But it evidently wasn't intentional.

Pretty dodgy though :oops: - I'm amazed they didn't pick it up at all! And that he could say it by accident :lol:

Edit: AHA! I see what he was doing. He meant to say "Fast team, slow team" but got his words a little mucked up... Make that very mucked up... :oops:

Fast Team, slut, pat *mental note* FUCK!!!!, and what the hell does pating have to do with it? *mental note*... :unsure: ...Fast/Slow team? :whistle:

Brilliant.

Was Viki drunk or high or something? she was annoying...and plz give the m6 to tiff ..... i would really love to see it in tiffs hands

mizofatso said:
Was Viki drunk or high or something? she was annoying...and plz give the m6 to tiff ..... i would really love to see it in tiffs hands
shes getting on my nerves week by week

Re: Copy of TG

Re: Copy of TG

osama1234 said:
Is it just me, or are they entirely imitating TG.
First, the whole overexposure and fancy camera work ... imitating the amazing camera work that TG has.

How can it be call imitation when they use some of the same camera men! :roll:

I've often seen the same names on both credits.

Wow, this is one good Fifth Gear episode, except for the Jon Bentley part and the M5 vs M6 boring bits.

Jasruler said:
kekekeke said:
sergo said:
Alright episode !

I thought it was because UK laws worked so that if there was a contest its legal to give something away, but not by random drawing, so the questions are just to get through a legal loophole.

Both correct. There is a law about totally random games, or at least there used to be where by if there was no "skill" involved in the game then the people running the game would legally have to get a gaming licence - expensive and the terms are onerous. Also they want to defray the cost of the prize by getting as many people to use the premium rate phone number as possible. There is a fine line between being a fair and acceptable deal and being a scam, obviously Fith Gear use a rate that is perfectly acceptable, 10p=20p phone call to win a 20,000 GBP car.

Good episode actually. Liked the Donuts, liked the Quattroporte.

Still cant stand Henderson. She cant drive that well, so I can't take anything from the shootouts she does, as the lines vary too much.

Girls Aloud. Honestly, makes me want to go and do the Porsche day at Silverstone. Not terrible, but a little too much Ego Boost/ God awful Flirting from Plato.

Jon Bentley's section was OK too, Though Im amazed at how much premiums have rocketted for young drivers. My first car (XR2) was only ?850 TPFT. And that was enough!