Top Gear Games

Curlay

Car(s)
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer
For those of you who don't frequent the top gear magazine website, they've posted some games up there. One where you re-enact richard's race against a greyhound in an MX-5, and one where you control the apache helicopter and you try and destroy the lotus Exige.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/games/

lol I was gonna make a thread about it :p

They're really crappy games that they're actually funny :lol: And I can't even get my MX5 to powerslide!!

bah...pretty crappy...the controls are horrible and since when does the mx5 have a mighty turbocharger? :?

Hahaha, those were pretty fun, but very, very easy!

ryosuke said:
bah...pretty crappy...the controls are horrible and since when does the mx5 have a mighty turbocharger? :?

Madaspeed one does. :p

Sad, the hardest game I thought turned out to be the easiest.

I can't figure out the greyhound game too well.. Powersliding isn't working how I would think. Any ideas?

-EDIT: Sigh. I can't hit Forward, Left Arrow, Spacebar at the sametime. However, Forward, Right, Space does work. Too bad we're going in the wrong direction to be able to use that.

Rubbish.

ryosuke said:

The MX5 SP (only made and released in australia) had a turbochargers and made something like 150kw, a very nice car indeed.

One would think that the BBC could license the TOP GEAR name to car sim games just like OPTION Magazine did in Japan for the PS1. Seems like a no brainer. Every car on their Power Board would be in it at tracks all over Europe and the world. Look at how :bow: Branson has marketed the VIRGIN name in many different business ventures.

Not sure the Beeb would allow the licening of a Top Gear game. And they wouldnt be allowed to advertise it unless they developed it themselves. Also the name may be copyrighted as there was a Top Gear Rally game a few years ago.

Has anyone else encountered this bug that you can't see the bus and then after you make the jump it pops up upside down? Hilarious.

Mercury said:
Has anyone else encountered this bug that you can't see the bus and then after you make the jump it pops up upside down? Hilarious.

:wave:

peter3hg2 said:
Not sure the Beeb would allow the licening of a Top Gear game. And they wouldnt be allowed to advertise it unless they developed it themselves. Also the name may be copyrighted as there was a Top Gear Rally game a few years ago.

????

I take it there is some law that keeps the BBC from licensing products? I thought I saw TOP GEAR t-shirts. As a Yank, I don't have knowledge on the inner workings of the law there. As for the prior TOP GEAR named game, the BBS could buy the rights to the name, if necessary.

To me, it just seems like a natural area to get into due to the revenue that would be brought in. Some video game franchises bring in much more $$$ than movie fanchises. If done right, Polyphony's GT series could face some real competition.