[08x03] May 21th, 2006

Another good episode. I liked pretty much everything. Im suprised they only reviewed one car, but I love the 3 car challenges they do. I was dissapointed Richards car failed it looked the best. The most at home in the water.
http://img127.imageshack.**/img127/9825/richards1hv.jpg
I can see how a lot of you are fed up with the slight change in content. I too would like to see more car stuff, but I love these guys. I still love the show all the same. I giggle with joy once its finished downloading he he.

Jezza should have had a pump for the interiour... a small one would have been enough, and he would have clearly won...
Man how I love it when they are on about the TG comeradry (sp???)... :bangin:

I agree with all of you, that so far it was more of an entertainment show and that we need more cars, but we just have to wait until after the world cup, I rekon...

otispunkmeyer said:
psychoticsniper said:
I dont understand the comparo between the mustang GT and the exige S when the lotus literally cause double what the GT cost and then some.

not in this country it doesnt. the stang is more expensive here

The Lotus is more expensive than the Ford Mustang in the UK for sure.

Didn't see the point of racing a stripped out track car on semi-slicks against a fully loaded GT that seats 4 people (can actually get in and out of a Mustang without becoming a contortionist), and even then the gap wasn't that big! For the price difference you could have added a supercharger and other mods to the Mustang and it would have won for sure.

Love JC's double standards; he says the Corvette is rubbish on the road because the ride is too firm but the Lotus is fine? Having been a passenger in an Exige (the car is too small for me to fit behind the wheel) I submit that there isn't another road car in existence that has a firmer ride than the Exige, it's a total back breaker.

Watched the ep. The 425mb version definitely has better quality. :thumbsup: This ep is really funny, the challenge was good. But I'm not sure if this is a good TG ep. There are too much entertainment stuff but not much car review. Maybe it's cuz there's not many new cars coming out.

The Lotus Exige S is pretty badass, but racing it against a Mustang GT isn't really fair, try racing it against the GT500 and I think the results would've been different. Even the last gen Cobra can probably beat the Exige S.

In the challenge, Clarkson's idea was probably the best, if he would've sacrifice some style and install a boat front end on the truck, it might've made it to the dock without flipping. Also, he could've picked a smaller engine, that engine was huge, two of the smaller engines like the one he game to Hammond would've been enough. Hammond's car was a good idea tho, but he needs must more work to make it float. :lol: May's idea was good, but he car is so light, a small engine would've helped it a lot, and he can still keep the sails for styling. :D

Have anyone noticed the red light reflecting in the tv screen at 36:30? Is it a sign for clarkson to move on with the show? Anyone?

How would it be to have a speeding photo sent out to you only to see those two clowns standing in the corner of the photo waving. Honestly that would be worth its weight in gold.

I downloaded the video...did some other stuff and eventually watched it a few hours later. I only got reminded that the file I downloaded was 425mb's because of a mention of it a few posts up...so I didn't really see the difference, but oh well.

The episode was kinda sub-standard certainly for the first half. The Lotus review was cool with some awesome cinematography as ever but apart from that, the first half wasn't that good.

Only thing I REALLY enjoyed was part 2 of the boat segment. That was hilarious!!! But I just feel that episodes of TG haven't really been 'complete' compared to previous seasons.

Usually, the "live" camera has a red light on so the presenters know which way to look. Not sure why we've not seen it before; perhaps the camera is normally off to one side... or they cover it up :)

Damn that was funny - I can't remember when I've laughed so hard all the way through a TV show - top work (my wife was almost in tears at some points). Yes there was only one car review, but I don't care - this show was excellent work :thumbsup:. Laugh?? I nearly shat.

Oh yes, I'll have an Exige S please - gimme gimme gimme.

Another thumbs up for the 425mb rip - excellent quality, great work Vuk.

well, this had to be the best episode in this series of top gear so far. although it did actually felt like a lot of it was left out like the news was short and only the exige S was reviewed.
but the boat thing had to be funniest, gaytimes in hammond's 40hp campervan that sank in the water, james's was pretty good but too slow for my liking and it actually couldn't reverse up. as for toybota, i think clarkson was smart enough to maybe sort of test drive it before sending it to the resevoir since he was near water or maybe he wasn't allowed...and in the video where everytime when he went full throttle it was like lift off? i think he should've made the trunk higher so that the water doesn't go in so easily. and of course, in the end it didn't lift off, it tried to dive instead and flipped at the end which was hillarious.... :lol: if u noticed, biatch was actually heard at the end - i thought they would sensor it.

but i still miss the way they did it in the old series where it was packed and entertaining+informative. now it seems to be "today we're gonna try making this...." i hope this doesn't carry on for the whole series.
P.S. - the quality doesn't really differ much for me.

Just finished watching this, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard over a Top Gear before.
The boat segment was hilarious, first Jeremy catching fire and then the Toybota :lol:
The whole last part had me laughing so hard my stomace still hurts :lmao:

Please go back to reviewing cars guys! You can do the stupid stuff every now and then, but if I wanted to watch some sort of Monster Garage challenge every week, well, I would just watch Monster Garage!

Again they wasted more than a quarter of the show doing crap. I think those challenges are pointless, for instance because I think it's safe to assume that almost none of the work going into these projects is done by either of the three presenters! They are also waaay to scripted. :roll:

I really enjoyed the Lotuse Exige S bit. I want more of this sort of stuff!!

That episode was bloody hilarious!!! :lol:

Jeremy's bullbar catching on fire. Richard's gay magazine. James' whole car/yacht. The sinking, the destruction of the indestructible Toybota... Oh, all gold!

But the funniest part of the whole episode was Jezza and Richard standing in front of the speed camera :lmao: Imagine getting a speeding fine with those two blokes waving to the camera!!!!

Been watching top gear for 4years now, I think this was the most stupid episode ever, and 3episodes straight with challenges.. getting old :cry:

watto said:
But the funniest part of the whole episode was Jezza and Richard standing in front of the speed camera :lmao: Imagine getting a speeding fine with those two blokes waving to the camera!!!!

I would happily step on it!

^Elk^ said:
Great ep, but i'm getting sick of the slow motion water scenes they are doing nowadays. They did it last week with the XK, Merc and BMW, and it's great once, but it's just shit to reuse such tricks. It looks great, but gets boring. It is kind of the same as an amateur video edited by a 50 year old, you always have the same cheesy transitions.

Yeah sure some of the slowmotion stuff is a bit boring, but on the exige segment it was just so cool, the begining of the exige segment was among the best bits of tv i have ever seen.
I was just amazing.
And for those who are intrested ,slowmotion cameras like that are about 300.000-400.000$ so there not cheap :eek:

Buba said:
watto said:

I would happily step on it!
:lmao:

This one has to be the funniest ep by a long shot. :)

This had to be one of the Funnist Episodes of Top Gear ever! :thumbsup:
the boat segment was tooo much! :lol:
lol at them drinking tea every min, dispite the accidents they were having, and James May Swearing!! :shock: :p

haha great episode! It was funny how Hammond's VW sunk and couldn't handle hills. Also liked the Exige review...nice!

I quite like the slow motion stuff, they must've got a new camera because they're using it a lot!