The Best Top Gear Episode Of All Time?

Best segment is by far the Zonda Roadster with that amazing yacht ,the noise in the tunnel that made me quiver about 180000 times,the music when RH emerges from the tunnel and then followed by Hybrid - Mr. Jones. Everything about that segment was just spectacular.
If I have to go for a full episode it has to be 07x03, the Focus ST review was great,the 3 supercars tearing up Europe ,RH eating the M6's picture and Ladyman as the guest was just ALL brilliant.

EDIT

I'm so going to watch that episode now lol.

The episode where they each had to pick their favourite british car. James picked a Rover (75?), Richard picked a Morgan, and Jeremy picked a Noble. It's was just hilarious when they switched cars! Jeremys face when he was driving the Morgan, and May making fun of the Nobles horn was just the funniest thing i've ever watched.. :D

And the Ariel Atom review wasn't bad either. :)

the Mclaren SLR and Bugatti veyron races hold the title for me

Yes the SLR race did it for me. The music in that race was great. I also really liked the races where Jeremy, James and Richard had to buy their own car from a limited budget and do some tests. 1 POUND! :mrgreen:

[07x03] 2005. 11. 27.

Ford GT, Zonda, & F430 to Millau. Ford Focus ST. Clarkson-Hammond Fight.

/FTW.

SPG900 said:
Electric-Mayhem said:
No hands down for me was the episode (Not sure the number) with the DB9 racing the train to Monte Carlo, Evo Rally Car against a bobsled, and a Lotus Exige against a Apache Helicopter.

The Evo wasn't in that, unless you're talking about a best of. Instead, it had James' great review of the CityRover. Best ep yet.
For me it's a toss-up between the Winter Olympics and the amphibious challenge, though I've got to see that ep mentioned above to jog my memory.

Oh, and the Porsche challenge was sheer brilliance, followed closely by the beater coupe challenge. (BMW 6er for t3h w1n!!!1)

Top Gear - 2004.12.19.avi

My favorite by far and away is the Episode with the race with the Ferrari 612 vs. the train. It also had the old race cars vs. modern street counterparts and to top it off it had the Stig driving the Renault R24 F1 car on the test track (god I love the howling V10's of F1).

Series 4 Episode 3. The first instalment of the "car for less than ____ pounds" series of challenges. Pure genius. :)

The best episode of the new bunch ... good question that! :think:

I didn't review all of them properly, so this might not be my final choice if you'd do this scientifically, but the one that comes to my mind right now is the 5x08:

- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti vs. Plane to Verbier
- funny news
- Ice race car vs. bobsleigh in Lillehammer (that's one of my all time favourites: great music, perfectly cut, very thrilling)
- old race cars vs. todays street cars
- the Stig in the Renault Formula 1 car
Some of the latest episodes were just great as well, but this get's my highest overall score at the moment.

Regards
the Interceptor

So many good ones to choose from... among the best are 4x01, 5x08, 7x07 and 8x03. :)

Im not sure i have a favourite but i like the Overfinch Range Rover versus Ford Focus (The RR was towing a trailer with a Focus on it and still kicked ass)

I also liked the Lotus and the chopper one.

Possible spoiler (The last episode i was was great ,where they made anphibious cars) I hope that is how you do spoilers here

That is all.

I totally disagree with you guys... The best reviews I ever saw on top gear are the sagaris and murcialego roadster! It's something special to remember top gear in the future!
The best race they did was the DB9vsTrain... All the others were just improving the race challenge formula (thinking about the Veyron - great filming but not emotional)...
Best episode ever would have to be from the 5 or 6 season...

Apart from the Winter Olympics episode, I don't have a favourite episode, just favourite segments - the amphibious cars, TG taking over a local radio station and getting b@ll@cked by Mrs Angry, 1500 pound porsches, Aygos football, People Carrier Racing Championship with some of the BTCC drivers.

Have just discovered the segment where James and Richard were passengers in a radio remote control car - that was hysterical!

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I think the "Old Supercars vs. New Supercars" episode was far and away the best. Supercar overload!

i have to agree with that, i love the XJ220 and the F40

also the lambo episode, and the amphibious cars episode was just hilarious, 2, 225 outboards on the back of a pickup, i didnt think that even 1 would work when he started arguing with that boat builder, but he did prove that 1 would work, barely

Geeeeez.... It's just so hard!

Can we agree that they're all the best?

APART from 08x02 :roll:

No Boss said:
[07x03] 2005. 11. 27.

Ford GT, Zonda, & F430 to Millau. Ford Focus ST. Clarkson-Hammond Fight.

Same here

That bridge was spectacular and that ep had some of the best cinematography yet. I like that sort of stuff... PLUS the cars were amazing

Come to think of it:

The X3 review
All the cheap car challenges
Supercar to Paris
Caddilac CTS-V review
Monaro, 300C, S-TypeR
Monaro drifting w/ D1 Drifters
Outdoor play thingies! Buggies, Quads etc.

Some of my fav news parts:

Mini Estate
Motorbikes exhast going to be capped
Horse carridges
Wood floor in Honda
Ford GT ones
Jeremy with his back!

There's way more, but there's 72 eps. I barely remeber half of them! All the better to watch them over and over again!

Quoting Clarkson "You are all wrong!" except MarcoM

The best episode EVER in TG is the one with the Aston Marting DB 9 race to Montecarlo and the Lotus Exige chased by an Apache helicopter.

You can disagree but, of course, you would be wrong! :)

music, novelty of the race, editing, suspence... it is all there when you think about it

It is an episode you can watch time and again and it remains "fresh"

:D