Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

PerG said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
This site has continually updated computer generated odds of each country's chances:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,29749,00.html (click on "Countries' Chances")

Brazil - 13.9%
Spain - 11.5
Germany - 11
Netherlands - 10.3
France - 9.7
Czech Rep - 8.9
England - 7
lol 8,9 they don't believe us! We must crash Italy and Ghana totally without inkasing goal and then beat Brasil in quaterfinal. :evil:

I see the Czechs going really far , if they avoid Brazil then they could get 3rd place

I see the Czechs going really far , if they avoid Brazil then they could get 3rd place
I hope in first place! :D Argetina that was unbelieveble slaughter ! And Netherlands vs. Ivory Coast I wished it to Ivory Coast, because they had played nicer football. And tomorrow we will CRASH Ghana :evil:, but nobody know who will play in the basic team against them. Coach don't want to say it to the world and our fans :) [/quote]

Fifa needs to allocate more spots to Africa come 2010. Europe gets way too many spots, everyone saw how shit Poland, Serbia, and Ukraine were. If Cameroon, Egypt, Morrocco, Nigeria, and Senegal were in this world cup, they'd kick ass. Asia also gets too many spots, it's always the same countries. Don't let me get started on Concacaf.

Well, the next world cup is in South Africa, so they'll be in it. LOL.

That's because CAF is retarded in how they go about doing the qualifications. Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, and Egypt should not have been in the same qualification group.

They may have not won, but Tunisia, Ghana, CIV, and Angola have performed great. That's saying more than getting thrashed 6-0 and 4-0.

I dont agree on Tunisia, but the others were good. Serbia however got only one goal during the qualification that game today was totally unexpected.

I bet you could find a bunch of European teams that didn't qualify that would do better than the African ones that did - ie. Turkey, Greece.

Tunisia only needed a better finisher since Dos Santos was injured.

I think CIV's performance alone in the group of death so far should warrant 2-3 more spots for Africa. I suggest taking two away from Europe, and one from Asia. That is, of course, a dream, knowing FIFA. People that followed the recent ACN should have an idea about the insane amount of competition in Africa. That's why you see so many new teams. The quality of the football there is on the rise, but FIFA isn't playing along.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MEXICO 0 - 0 ANGOLA

HAHAHA, :D yeeehoo, I feel good for Angola. Great defense, although they were playing with 10 people.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
If anything the African countries are overrepresented - has one even won a game?

Those african countries are better than the US squad yet theyre always in the cup.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I bet you could find a bunch of European teams that didn't qualify that would do better than the African ones that did - ie. Turkey, Greece.

No one is saying who's better or worse, it's just about the local competition. There are a ton of teams in Africa today that can compete for spots. In Europe, it's the same old guard everytime, with a bunch of crap teams tagging along. Asia, it's always going to be Iran, Saudi, Korea, and Japan. Take away one spot and make them compete for the three positions.

Now look at Africa. In 2010, they are getting only 4 spots, the 5th is automatically given to South Africa. That means you have Egypt, Morrocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Camroon, CIV, Senegal, Ghana, Togo, Angola, Nigeria, and there are countless other small teams with charismatic leaders playing in Europe like Liberia and Guiniea that can surprise.

Fair? Hardly.

youngwarrior said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I think you're biased.

Look rapid rising representation of africans in europes top teams.

Exactly. Every majour European club looks to Africa now for prospects, along with the usual majour schools of football. Just look at the final of the Champions League this year. Toure and Eboue in the back for Arsenal, the brilliant Eto'o in the front for Barca; African football is quality and deserves more.

youngwarrior said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
If anything the African countries are overrepresented - has one even won a game?

Those african countries are better than the US squad yet theyre always in the cup.

Didn't the US reach the quarterfinals last World Cup?

I think you guys are a little removed from reality. It's cool to support Africa, but I think qualification should be based on results. I don't think Africa should suddenly get three more spots because they are able to hold a few other teams to ties.

Woah woah woah.

Argentina 6 -0!!!!

That is all. :shock:

I think Trinibad and Tobago lost 7 matches while qualifying for the world cup. That would suggest that they are a poor team but they have justified there inclusion. The gap has closed between the teams though. There arn't the 10-0 you used to get.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
youngwarrior said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

I think you guys are a little removed from reality. It's cool to support Africa, but I think qualification should be based on results. I don't think Africa should suddenly get three more spots because they are able to hold a few other teams to ties.

Didn't Cameroon do it in 1990, forcing England to extra time? Your point is?

Qualification should be based on the quality of the football in the continent. Have enough spots so that the contenders have to work hard, and at the same time you allow a couple of surprises.

The results aren't going to be good this year in your eyes because all the countries are new except for Tunisia. Looking at it the other way around, when a team like CIV forces Argentina and Holland to play at their best, while a team like Serbia gets their ass handed to them, one thinks that African football should be payed a bit more attention to.

Anyways, we'll see how American 'soccer' stands up to the likes of Micheal Essien and Appiah when they play Ghana. Should be interesting.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
youngwarrior said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

Cameroon, nigeria and senegal would each beat the U.S squad, hell turkey got to the quarters too but they flopped in euro and arent in this world cup.

As the standard increases in africa they will soon be neck and neck with africa.

Do you know what teams the likes of north korea and the US have to beat to get to the finals? Africa is a huge countinent and should get more spots.